Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 CVA Trapper Shotgun >

CVA Trapper Shotgun

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Trapper Shotgun

Old 02-01-2005, 04:19 AM

Default CVA Trapper Shotgun

Does anybody have one of these guns or know anything about them? Just bought one and would like to hear some opinions about what loads are effective for you and any pros and cons that you might have. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2005, 11:38 PM

Default RE: CVA Trapper Shotgun

Sorry I can't help you with the loads deal, I was just wondering where you found one. I have been looking all over the web trying to track one down. CVA discontinued them a wile back. Tompson Center made a 12 gauge percussion that is discontinued now too. Good luck with working up a load for yours. I would like to know how it shoots for ya.

Jerry
Old 02-03-2005, 05:00 AM

Default RE: CVA Trapper Shotgun

Jerry,
The guns are impossible to find. I had been searching for one for some time. I luckily found a guy here locally that was selling one of a matched pair that he owned. It is a nice, lightweight little shotgun. Should be great fun for squirrels and rabbits but also plan to work up a load for turkey season.

If you want a nice muzzleloading shotgun, check out the doubles being sold at Cabela's which are manufactured by the David Pedersoli Co. Somewhat pricey but well worth it considering the quality of the weapon.