Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Can someone tell me about this scope?  Mauser 3-9x... >

Can someone tell me about this scope? Mauser 3-9x...

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Can someone tell me about this scope? Mauser 3-9x...

Old 01-25-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Can someone tell me about this scope? Mauser 3-9x...

This is a Mauser 3-9x Mark X Electro-point scope. I bought this on ebay and was wondering if this would be a good scope for a ML. [link]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7128955254&ssPage Name=STRK:MEWN:IT[/link]
If that doesn't work then the tracking # is 7128955254.

This has a 25mm diameter tube and a 40mm objective .

Anyway my question is this. Would this be a good scope for my CVA Buckhorn .50 cal ML or should I put it on another rifle later down the line. The only information that I could find on the internet was from American Rifleman in 1984 and all the information was a listing. Hopefully someone can help me.

I got this simply because mauser is a good reputation in guns, but I don't know about scopes. I didn't really look at the description of the scope before I bid, and now I'm stuck with it--so I might as well make it work.

Paul
Old 01-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Can someone tell me about this scope? Mauser 3-9x...

Hi Newhunter

For the price you got it for I don't see how you could go wrong. When people think of Mauser they are usually thinking of mauser actions and not the name on the rifle as various companies have made rifles with mauser actions. Though I have never heard of a mauser scope I think that for the price ( as long as it holds zero and has clear optics) it should work out great for you.
You may want to take some kind of precautions to protect the scope from the smoke from the blowback such as wrapping some duct tape around the scope etc.

Good luck
Eric
Old 01-25-2005, 09:15 PM

Default RE: Can someone tell me about this scope? Mauser 3-9x...

Eric,

Thanks for the post--hopefully there is someone out there that knows about this particular scope model.

Paul