HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   American Pioneer Powder? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/86590-american-pioneer-powder.html)

coyote170 01-15-2005 08:52 PM

American Pioneer Powder?

I live in the bootheel of Mo.cant find a dealer around this area
can it be shipped to you,what about haz mat,etc.?[8D]

ELKINMTCWB 01-15-2005 09:27 PM

RE: American Pioneer Powder?

In MO all the hillbillys know how to make powder.It cost a lot for HAX shiping.I am sure it would be better to talk to a gun shop and they may order it though them. mite be cheeper?

cayugad 01-15-2005 10:04 PM

Haz mat fees are $25.00 so if your going to order, make is a good one and at least pay for your trouble. Might I suggest contacting some gun clubs and see if they have any they could sell you, or talk to some sporting good stores and see if they can get some sent in with their next shipment. Otherwise start talking to friends taking a road trip near some of the bigger sporting good stores and see if they can pick some up for you.... That hazmat fee is a real devil.

Triple Se7en 01-16-2005 08:07 AM

You can reach AP by clicking RIGHT HERE.

Next, click the link that says Contact Us.
The fine folks there will let you know of a closest-by retail store. It may take $10 in gas round-trip, but that beats paying HAZMAT & shipping.

When you purchase it, buy the FFF. The FF is so thick that it won't pour out any brass/black plastic flask I own. Treat the contents of that powder with a nice, dry climate & only take what you need to the range.... not the entire container.

When returning from the range, keep what's remaining in another container... don't mix it & if temperature changes are drastic, try to moderate the temperature of that AP powder to another climate slowly.

That stuff is sugar-based & grabs moisture easily & won't let go. Keep it dry & you'll be a happy camper... oops shooter... for the life of the jug.

coyote170 01-16-2005 07:10 PM

Thanks Triple se7en,will do it right now and see what they say
thanks again![8D]

newhunter35 01-17-2005 08:12 AM

Coyote170,

Shoot man--don't even try to contact APP. They don't return phone calls left as messages, they don't return emails. I wanted to try and find a closer dealer to me here in St. Louis, Mo/Alton, IL, but NOOOOOO. I want to talk to a company rep before I make any type of purchase. They left a bad taste in not returning phone calls or at least not being able to contact them. I'll go with Black Mag3 or triple 7's before I go to APP.

Paul

coyote170 01-19-2005 07:53 PM

They called and Wendle left me his private 800# and was very
helpful,great people![8D]

Mowrey50 01-20-2005 07:22 PM

I can't speak for their service, as I've never tried to contact them, but the powder itself is AWESOME! See here. and the < 1/2" groups it gives "over the chunk".

Tahquamenon 01-21-2005 06:49 AM

That is good shooting! What was your distance?
180gr bullet and 65gr APP would be too light of a combination for hunting in my view though.

newhunter35 01-21-2005 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: coyote170

They called and Wendle left me his private 800# and was very
helpful,great people![8D]
Strange how I can still not get thru to anyone at APP. :eek:
If Wendle is the owner of App then maybe Wendle can give the average person a # that he can be reached to answer some questions...