Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Need info on Knight T-bolt >

Need info on Knight T-bolt

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Need info on Knight T-bolt

Old 01-11-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Need info on Knight T-bolt

I've got a chance to pick up a used Knight T-bolt in excellent condition but don't know anything about them. Are they an earlier version of the disc & disc elite? How do they compare to the other Knight rifles?

Thanks,

Zombie
Old 01-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need info on Knight T-bolt

No, they were rather unique in Knight's lineup. Barrel lengths varied from 22 to 26 and they were available in both blue and stainless. The bolt sort of pivots outward into a V shape which opens the action. My step-bro has two of them and isn't real fond of them. He bought them on close-out from Bass Pro for 199 each.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:48 PM

Default RE: Need info on Knight T-bolt

Opinions Opinions Opinions MY MY I have to disagree with the above post, The Knight T-Bolt followed the original disk by Knight and both My Son and I have one each his is stainless and mine is Blued, we both love ours, they fell into the catagory of the types that will handle 3 50 gr pyrodex pellets and we shoot up to 200 yrds with ours.
Although they came originaly with a breech plug that used no. 11 percussion caps, ( we did not care for them) so we upgraded them to shoot the Musket caps ( we wern"t crazy about them either ) then we up graded then to shot the 209 shotgun primers, and we had some problems with them also, they would not seat completly into the breech plug and that kit came with a pointed plunger that pierced the primer causing it toblow apart and we had trouble getting them out of the breech plug, BUT FINALY we found out that if you put the new extreme breech plug into the gun and use the new plastic incerts it works great