Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 What new ML toys did you get for Xmas?? >

What new ML toys did you get for Xmas??

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What new ML toys did you get for Xmas??

Old 12-25-2004, 08:44 AM

Default What new ML toys did you get for Xmas??

I got a new possibles bag, some 50cal loading blocks, new powder horn, and some bear claws for decorations. My Mowrey 50cal Plains rifle is now shooting one-hole groups @ 25 yards thanks to the "Dwight Schultz method" and dry-lubes patches.

I'm gearing up for 3 or 4 "winter biathalon shoots" this January ... all on snowshoes, with 10 or more gong targets set out, for pre-1860 period rifles shooting roundball ... all the while racing through the woods. Can't wait!
Old 12-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What new ML toys did you get for Xmas??

my 1st mzloader
cva optima 50cal
what more could a 16 yr old wantt
Old 12-25-2004, 11:03 AM

GO GET ONE! I was lucky Santa brought me a HUNTIN 2 Buckmasters deer game.It is a ball.It's like huntin from your recliner.Muzzle season opens Monday and I sure hope to have blood on my hands.Get the game all ages will enjoy it.
Merry Christmas,
lizzzard
Old 12-25-2004, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

No new toys, did get a can of Swiss though.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got a CO2 discharger, some extra cylinders for it, a hard case for my flintlock, and best of all......tomorrow off to go buck hunting with my flintlock....does it get better? .....if I catch a buck sneekin' around tomorrow, it just might.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope no new ML/BP toys here.I do have three of the Ruger/ Case knives coming.Midsouth sent a email saying my order was shipped.With all the trouble UPS is having thanks to the weather in that neck of the woods it might be days until I receive them. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 12-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quigleysharps4570

No new toys, did get a can of Swiss though.
Quigley are you talking about SwissMiss Hot Chocolate?Someones trying to sweeten you up.LOL.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 12-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll let you know when all the after Christmas sales hit...
Old 12-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Spike

My wife (God love her) got me a new stainless, camo-synthetic TC Omega. I've never owned or shot a BP rifle so if anyone has any suggestions on a good "how to" resource I would greatly appreciate it. I plan on mainly hunting Colorado with it so I believe sabots, scopes and powder pellets will be illegal. Any and all tips and advice will be appreciated.
will
Old 12-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: willhunt4food

My wife (God love her) got me a new stainless, camo-synthetic TC Omega. I've never owned or shot a BP rifle so if anyone has any suggestions on a good "how to" resource I would greatly appreciate it. I plan on mainly hunting Colorado with it so I believe sabots, scopes and powder pellets will be illegal. Any and all tips and advice will be appreciated.
will
Not sure about the Colorado rules but I have the same rifle. If you can find Black Mag3 powder I would recommend it for the Omega. My rifle loves the stuff. My rifle will not shoot Triple Seven without a lot of problems. American Pioneer Powder is good also. I think you can use Powerbelt bullets in Colorado and my Omega shoots them well if you keep the charge at 100 grains or less. 100grains of Black Mag3 with a 295gr. Powerbelt hits 2000fps out of my Omega. Plenty for elk in fact I shot my elk in Arizona this year with 90gr. of Black Mag3 and a 300gr. Hornady SST. Follow up shot was with a 295gr. Powerbelt as it loads a lot easier for quick follow up shot.

Quick Reply: What new ML toys did you get for Xmas??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.