Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Omega vs. Knight Disc Extreme >

T/C Omega vs. Knight Disc Extreme

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Omega vs. Knight Disc Extreme

Old 12-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: T/C Omega vs. Knight Disc Extreme

Best, cheapest way to fix the hollow-stock syndrome is a couple of 3/8s bolts as long as your stock will allow. Then buy a spray can of Great Stuff poly foam spray. Total cost will be under $7.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:32 PM

I was talking about the Synthetic stocks. My Extreme has a synthetic and it's almost as well balanced as my laminate T/C Omega. I wouldn't buy a synthetic stocked T/C rifle because of the hollow stock.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:02 PM

If you are paying hundreds of dollars for a gun,you shouldn't have to use bolts and great stuff in the stock.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

My Omega has the synthetic camo stock and I have not had a problem with the hollow stock. I personally like the fact that the rifle is a little lighter than some. It carries a lot easier. I don't notice the recoil when hunting so that is not a problem either. Maybe it is a little muzzle heavy but not to the extent that I would do anything to it. Shoots just fine as delivered.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are paying hundreds of dollars for a gun,you shouldn't have to use bolts and great stuff in the stock.

===============================================

If all it takes is $7 to make it balanced, you better-believe a smart rifle shopper would... at least one that has the knowledge that the syn Omega, despite being a little imbalanced, still was rewarded with "Most Consumer Satisfied Awards each of the last two years.

You sound like the typical shopper who insists on a full stock gun like a CVA Firebolt, yet had less regard for accuracy, barrel/action quality and best in-the-business warranty.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just be sure to handle any gun you are considering. I have ordered muzzleloaders from catalogs and on-line only to send them back because they did not "feel" right.

BTW, I like TC. HTH.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:23 AM

ORIGINAL: bwrong

Wolfhound, What loads have you had success with in your Knight?

thanks,

bw
Well the Barnes bullets and 100 gr of Pyrodex pellets was very accurate. I'm currently using 260 gr Winchester Platinum tips and 100 gr. FFG 777. The 260 gr Nosler SHOT bullets (aka. Knight Jackeed bullets) also shoot well with less powerfull powder charges. I've gotten good results with 90-100 gr Pyrodex RS.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:21 AM

When I bought my Omega,I handled alot of guns before I bought it.I liked the Knight Master Hunter Disc Extreme but couldn't really afford it,looked into the Encore and CVA Optimas,but I really liked the one piece stock on the American made Omega the best.I am going to try to get the thumbhole stock for mine as it wasn't available when I bought mine.Maybe alot of guys like the lighter synthetic stock,but my personal opinion is that the heavier stock will make the gun all that more balanced and accurate.I also like the looks of it better.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

My T/C Omega is the Blue with Synthetic Stock.
I also felt that it was a bit barrel heavy.
I added 8-ounces to the stock and it really balanced the gun out nice.
Take two zip-lock sandwich bags, add 625 copper plated BB's on one bag. Roll the bag up and zip it, then place it in another bag and roll that up and zip it. Then a bit of duck tape to ensure that it stays closed. Then I took the foam that was in the stock and repacked everything in the stock.
Really balances out the gun nicely and does not make any noize. The nice thing about this approach is you can easily adjust how much weight you wish to add. I started with a pound (1250 BB's) and ended up with 8 ounces.

Plus, if you wish to return the gun to original just take out the bag of BB's.

Best,

Tahquamenon