HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   POS CVA!!!!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/80755-pos-cva.html)

slugman 11-29-2004 08:29 AM

POS CVA!!!!!!!

opening day of ML today in Jeresy. I'm in my stand by 5:30 and evrything is going good. Pull my ML up to my shoulder and look down the barrel. Guess what , my rear sight is gone ![:@] Was there when I left the house. POS plastic CVA junk. Not sure if I'm going out this afternoon as I dont knopw where my shots are gonna go. Will I be able to make a "good" shot w/out it ? I'm gonna be calling CVA soon as well. Guns shoots fine , just everything is frickin PLASTIC !!!!! [:'(]

slugman 11-29-2004 08:31 AM

RE: POS CVA!!!!!!!

Looking at Cabela's online for a new ML as I'm typing this ;) or at least metal sights !

slugman 11-29-2004 09:07 AM

Well ...just bought a Lymans Great Plains in .54 should be here next week. I'm done with CVA junk !

Charley 11-29-2004 09:17 AM

There isn't much that can be done to bugger up a conventional sidehammer gun, if it is of decent quality. I'd rather have one Lyman Plains rifle than five of ANY inline!

Longbow Bowhunter 11-29-2004 09:58 AM

Just a note, CVA doesn't make that sight, A well named manufacturer does. I will let you all guess, because I am not going to caugh it up. I guess I should add a not, I am talking about the fiber optics, not the real cheap black one. I always get rid of that one and by a williams.

quigleysharps4570 11-29-2004 10:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Charley

There isn't much that can be done to bugger up a conventional sidehammer gun, if it is of decent quality. I'd rather have one Lyman Plains rifle than five of ANY inline!
You did mean 5 truckloads? :D The ole Lyman is a hard one to beat. Mines been a deer killing SOB. Rain or shine, no trouble with her.

Deleted User 11-29-2004 06:40 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

quigleysharps4570 11-29-2004 06:58 PM

Be sure and give us a report on your new rifle Slugman.

cayugad 11-29-2004 08:35 PM

Some of the less expensive CVA's did come with a very poor quality fiber optic sight. My CVA Staghorn Magnum's sight cracked from the cold after only owning it a few weeks. Not a big deal. It is still hanging in there, and besides I put a Bushnell Trophy RED DOT on the rifle. Now this is a great deal.

Before I declare CVA a POS I would stop and consider what it is you bought in the first place. It was probably a low cost rifle. It probably shoots fine, just some of the small things about it upsets you. Well thats what you get when you buy some of the less expensive rifles out there. I own a few of them. I expect it.

I hope you have better luck with your Lyman. They are a great rifle.

slugman 11-30-2004 06:29 AM

You can bring it here and through it in my garbge can if you want
Where is the can ?

Bushnell Trophy RED DOT on the rifle
Doesnt that kinda defeat the purpose of hunting with a "primative" style weapon ?