Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

POS CVA!!!!!!!

Old 12-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: POS CVA!!!!!!!

I talked to a CVA dealer today in my neck of the woods, he said that if the fiber optic sights on your CVA break CVA will replace them with a better set of fiber optic sights made from metal not plastic like the originals, also these metal ones are what CVA is using on their new rifles. I never had a problem with the plastic sights but I'm guessing CVA had enough complaints about them they decided to change them.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:27 PM

I like my 2 CVA pos I have the Bobcat and the Hunterbolt, They shoot great and I always get my deer! Its such a rush to take a deer with a patched round ball out of my Bobcat. To each his own. Jimmy
Old 12-29-2004, 06:57 AM

I talked to a CVA dealer today in my neck of the woods, he said that if the fiber optic sights on your CVA break CVA will replace them with a better set of fiber optic sights made from metal not plastic like the originals
Guess I'll at least give em a call.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:03 PM

get an omega
Old 02-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Fork Horn

did you ever find a trash can for the cva if not pm me i have one it will fit in
Old 02-05-2005, 12:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Triple Se7en

Just a personal opinion that you use open sights on a ML.
=============================================

Scopes were on MLs in the 1800s. The ML Reenactment Clubs of today set rules they desire. Inlines go back to the mid 1850s.
In the Tower of London, is a flintlock inline that is dated 1738, The curator says it is not the first of its type. [:-]
Old 02-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Spike

We have 3 CVA Hunterbolts and will say that a lot of the talk about plastics giving trouble is true. Have broken 3 front sights, had one rear site almost come off, apparently when it came out of the case, causing a high miss on a deer, and had two of the plastic ramrod holders break. The factory replaced the holders and 1 front sight so far, and have not talked to them again on the other front sights, but I will!As far as shooting goes, they do pretty good using 90-95 grains of pyrodex select. I use 295 lead PB's and my son went back to 320 gr. TC MAXI's HP that he used in his TC Hawken after losing a deer with the 245 gr. PB. MN won't allow scopes or red dot scopes so my ol' 77 yr old eyes have to do with open fibre optic sights and limit my range. Put a scope on to try different loads to try to find the best one, so I knew it was me and not the gun. Ran out of time to really do a good job of it. I did get a deer with the bow,(using a red dot scope) and had 100% success shooting everyone I saw in ML season (DIDN'T SEE ANY!!!!)
Old 02-17-2005, 08:08 PM

WELL I CAN'T SPEAK FOR ANYONE BUT MYSELF; I STARTED ML HUNTING SOME 30 YEARS AGO WITH 50 CAL KIT FROM DIXIE GUNWORKS. SOMAYBE JUST MAYBE I KNOW JUST A TAD BIT ABOUT
SHOOTING MLS. I JUST RECEIVED A NEW FRONTIER BEARTOOTH
MAGNUM THAT IS MADE BY CVA STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX DID
COMPLETE TEARDOWN. ALL I SAW WAS GOOD MACHINE WORK
WITH NO VISIBLE DEFECTS. EVERYTHING WAS TIGHT; NO LOOSE
SCREWS; ACTION WORKED EXTREMLY WELL. I REALIZE THAT YOU
CAN FIND GOOD AND BAD FROM THE SAME GUN BRAND. I ALSO HAVE A KNIGHT AMERICAN IN 50 CAL. I COULDN'T HIT THE SIDE OF
A BARN WITH IT. PUT 3X9X40 SCOPE ON IT STILL WOULD NOT
PATTERN NO MATTER POWDER OR BULLET COMBINATION.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:02 AM

i know what you mean. i shot a 2 inch group with my optima pro also. (with just a red dot scope with no magnification) i'll take my cva POS anyday.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:30 PM

For those of you getting tight groups with your optimas could you pass on your bullet/powder combination. I love my optima but need to get my group size down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.