Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

POS CVA!!!!!!!

Old 11-29-2004, 08:29 AM

Default POS CVA!!!!!!!

opening day of ML today in Jeresy. I'm in my stand by 5:30 and evrything is going good. Pull my ML up to my shoulder and look down the barrel. Guess what , my rear sight is gone ![:@] Was there when I left the house. POS plastic CVA junk. Not sure if I'm going out this afternoon as I dont knopw where my shots are gonna go. Will I be able to make a "good" shot w/out it ? I'm gonna be calling CVA soon as well. Guns shoots fine , just everything is frickin PLASTIC !!!!! [:'(]
Old 11-29-2004, 08:31 AM

Default RE: POS CVA!!!!!!!

Looking at Cabela's online for a new ML as I'm typing this or at least metal sights !
Old 11-29-2004, 09:07 AM

Well ...just bought a Lymans Great Plains in .54 should be here next week. I'm done with CVA junk !
Old 11-29-2004, 09:17 AM

There isn't much that can be done to bugger up a conventional sidehammer gun, if it is of decent quality. I'd rather have one Lyman Plains rifle than five of ANY inline!
Old 11-29-2004, 09:58 AM

Just a note, CVA doesn't make that sight, A well named manufacturer does. I will let you all guess, because I am not going to caugh it up. I guess I should add a not, I am talking about the fiber optics, not the real cheap black one. I always get rid of that one and by a williams.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Charley

There isn't much that can be done to bugger up a conventional sidehammer gun, if it is of decent quality. I'd rather have one Lyman Plains rifle than five of ANY inline!
You did mean 5 truckloads? The ole Lyman is a hard one to beat. Mines been a deer killing SOB. Rain or shine, no trouble with her.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-29-2004, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Be sure and give us a report on your new rifle Slugman.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Some of the less expensive CVA's did come with a very poor quality fiber optic sight. My CVA Staghorn Magnum's sight cracked from the cold after only owning it a few weeks. Not a big deal. It is still hanging in there, and besides I put a Bushnell Trophy RED DOT on the rifle. Now this is a great deal.

Before I declare CVA a POS I would stop and consider what it is you bought in the first place. It was probably a low cost rifle. It probably shoots fine, just some of the small things about it upsets you. Well thats what you get when you buy some of the less expensive rifles out there. I own a few of them. I expect it.

I hope you have better luck with your Lyman. They are a great rifle.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:29 AM

You can bring it here and through it in my garbge can if you want
Where is the can ?

Bushnell Trophy RED DOT on the rifle
Doesnt that kinda defeat the purpose of hunting with a "primative" style weapon ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.