HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   POS CVA!!!!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/80755-pos-cva.html)

LaneNebraska 12-15-2004 10:20 PM

RE: POS CVA!!!!!!!

Here's what my Piece Of Sunshine CVA has done to me:

Please, no more CVA's!! I'm running out of room in my freezer!;)

MLKeith 12-15-2004 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL: slugman

You want a primitive hunt, go sharpen a stick.....
Then I'll have something to go with my loin cloth :D Just a personal opinion that you use open sights on a ML. Not putting you down , we are all "hunters"
Wait until you are 65 or older and come back and tell me that you only want to use open sights. Some of us can't see open sights that well and the game deserve the best shot possible, restrictions that cause less than the best shot make no sense to me. I'm lucky to be in Arizona where they allow the best there is for the "Muzzleloader" not "Primitive" hunt.

slugman 12-16-2004 08:02 AM

Wait until you are 65 or older and come back and tell me that you only want to use open sights. Some of us can't see open sights that well and the game deserve the best shot possible,
True , but I have about 30 more years to go.

MLKeith 12-16-2004 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: slugman

Wait until you are 65 or older and come back and tell me that you only want to use open sights. Some of us can't see open sights that well and the game deserve the best shot possible,
True , but I have about 30 more years to go.
The good part is if you work it right the next 30 will be more fun than the first. At 66 after cancer surgery, a broken shoulder, four broken ribs and some stuff I forgot; I still hunt, shoot, ride my bikes and just need a little help seeing both sights and the target (thats where the low power scope comes in). By the way I had fun all the way along and am looking forward to the next 30. Sure would be nice to start at your age again.

slugman 12-16-2004 09:44 AM

The good part is if you work it right the next 30 will be more fun than the first. At 66 after cancer surgery,
Just started hunting again 2 yrs ago ...was a 10yr lull. Got back into so I could hunt with my dad. He has a chemo port in his right shoulder now so been hunting mostly by myself. Sure miss those hunts with dad. I told him can still come out and be my sherpa. Did you have prostate taken out ? if you dont mind me asking .....my dads was taken out like 12yrs ago. Its just now catching back up with him.

oldelkhunter 12-16-2004 09:56 AM

Sorry to hear about your experience Slugman. Plastic has no place on any blackpowder gun especially in very cold weather. I started out with a CVA and I suppose its decomposing somewhere very nicely the POS. I only became aware of what a real Muzzleloader was when I purchased my White Super 91 that was sweet . COmpany is having financial difficulties now and I wouldn't purchase another. I have always loved that Lyman Great Plains Rifle though and I doubt anything will break on that. Good Choice.

Deleted User 12-16-2004 10:08 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

MLKeith 12-16-2004 03:17 PM

Slugman: Yep had the surgery. PSA slightly increasing after 8 years. I am controling with organic diet and Elk Meat. If your dad or you wants to go on with this email me at:[email protected] so as to not plug up the site with medical stuff.

Ruger-Redhawk 12-18-2004 09:26 AM

Quigley good to see you here Ol'e buddy.I'll be seeing you here and there.

Ruger Redhawk

bigbuck15 12-18-2004 03:36 PM

ok ive had enough of this cva pos..cva is a great gun..one of the most common ML's around..now me being the "traditional" shooter i am..i dont use sights..its more of a challenge for me not to..i suggest older people yeah its fine to use sights cuz of your sight..but younger ppl..we dont need that advantage..ur takin the easy way out i see it..