HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   POS CVA!!!!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/80755-pos-cva.html)

cayugad 11-30-2004 08:21 AM

RE: POS CVA!!!!!!!

The Bushnell Trophy RED DOT is on an inline. So what? Many feel an inline is not all that traditional due to the 209 ignition and the way the breech seals out water. They are allowed their opinion. Besides, I like a RED DOT.

Doesnt that kinda defeat the purpose of hunting with a "primative" style weapon ?
My personal opinion is too many people take this black powder personification thing a little too extreme. They think because another shooter uses a RED DOT, fiber optic sights, or a scope, they shoot an inline, or use a sabot projectile with a larger then "they use" powder charge that for some reason that makes them non-traditional or non-primitive. Well they still load from the muzzle, an no matter what you use to sight the rifle with or what comes out of the end when you pull the trigger pushed by what ever propellant they like. it's a muzzleloader no matter whether some people like it or not.

I never considered a muzzleloader a primitive weapon. In the hands of someone that knows what they are doing with the black powder rifles, they are "almost" as sure fired a weapon as any modern one out there, whether they are a caplock, flintlock, underhammer, or inline. The only difference is you normally get only one shot, which is all you should need anyway. You want a primitive hunt, go sharpen a stick.....

slugman 11-30-2004 08:29 AM

You want a primitive hunt, go sharpen a stick.....
Then I'll have something to go with my loin cloth :D Just a personal opinion that you use open sights on a ML. Not putting you down , we are all "hunters"

Triple Se7en 11-30-2004 09:01 AM

Just a personal opinion that you use open sights on a ML.
=============================================

Scopes were on MLs in the 1800s. The ML Reenactment Clubs of today set rules they desire. Inlines go back to the mid 1850s.

gamehunter1269 11-30-2004 04:50 PM

Same thing happend to mine. I returned it and said give me some better WELL BUILT site or im never buying another one. Well considering i walked in there the day befor and baught 4 CVA new frontier beartooth 50.cals the gave me 4 new tru light rear and front sights

oneshot/one kill 12-13-2004 08:28 AM

I made the mistake of buying a CVA. The gun had decent accuracy, any inconsistency was more likely from my Tasco scope. But the parts and quality of the whole CVA gun was horibble. I should have bought a T/C to begon with, instead I wasted $200 before spending a lot more for my Encore, which is truly a awesome gun. Save yourself headaches and save up for a Knight or T/C, the frustration I had wasnt worth putting up with.

etothepii 12-13-2004 08:36 AM

Scopes were on MLs in the 1800s.
Not arguing against scopes, 'cause I use one...but weren't the scopes back then just narrow, hollow tubes that stertched the length of the barrel? Not even cross hairs, just center the target in the circle?

FlDeerman 12-13-2004 08:42 PM

Never had a problem with my CVA nor the fiber optic sights I put on it.The instructions said if it wasn't tight to tap the groves to make it tight.

SuperMagnum 12-14-2004 01:05 AM

I'm surprised the rear sight would even fall off, it's held on my 2 screws, I know as I took mine off to accomodate my scope. I don't blame ya though for blaming CVA, so far i've gotten good accuracy out of my Optima although alot of people curse it. I shouldered a friend's Encore and really liked it so it probably will be my nest muzzleloader.

Hillbilly102601 12-14-2004 09:35 PM

I own a CVA Firebolt. I don't think they're in production anymore, becaue mine was a closeout model two years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't had any trouble with mine. It shot great right out of the box. I've shot two deer with it and I'm planning on putting a scope on it by next season. As far as the primative vs. contemporary controversy goes, I bought a muzzleloader so I could have another week of deer hunting, not so I could go back in time. My $.02. :D

RedAllison 12-15-2004 05:46 PM

FINALLY... THE truth is finally posted on the net.

"CVA POS", ;)
RA