Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 T/C Encore w/Shockwave Range Results With Pics! >

T/C Encore w/Shockwave Range Results With Pics!

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T/C Encore w/Shockwave Range Results With Pics!

Old 10-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: T/C Encore w/Shockwave Range Results With Pics!

Nice Shooting G2. That's a great rifle and a great projectile without doubt. Now all you need is for the animals to cooperate. Of course you realize if you shoot and miss, there is no excuses....

Again, great shooting. Keep us posted as to your up close shooting as well. I think I am going to sight the new scope in for 1" high at 50 yards and then do the course and see what happens... This Saturday the gang is coming over to shoot. Should be a good time...
Old 10-12-2004, 09:24 PM

Lorcux,
With my Omega sighted 3" high @ 100 yds., shooting at an average of 2135 fps, the 200 Shockwave is approximately 1/2" high @ 25 yds., a little over 1 3/4" high @ 50 yds., 2 3/4" high @ 75 yards. This is an excellent long range load. Just have to remember that you're going to hit a little bit high at shots under 100 yds.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:14 PM

MOTurkeyTamer,
I figured that. My Omega shooting high at 100 seems it would be high at anything under 100. But, I think I could still hit a deer at 150 yards.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:10 PM
Spike

Nice Shooting
I have an Encore. Went out Sat to sight in. I was using 2- 777 pellets w/250 grain Shockwaves. Sighted in @ 100 1" high 2 holes side by side. Moved back to 200 yds and was 16" low. I did not like this so I resighted in using 3 -777 pellets. Again 1' high @ 100 with 2 holes touching. Moved back to 200 yds and was only 8" low and 3" apart. Was amazed in the difference 1 pellet makes. Like the Shockwaves. Was hard to find the loading jag. Called Cabelas and they were backordered for the Shockwave jag, but had plenty of the SST jags. Same bullet. Good Luck
Old 10-13-2004, 07:46 PM

Doug454,
I use the plastic bullet loading jag that comes packaged with Dead Center bullets when I'm shooting my Shockwave/SSt's. It fits the ogive of the bullets perfectly!
Old 10-13-2004, 08:26 PM

I use the Powerbelt bullet starter. The conical tips fit the Shockwaves nicely. The design has a large ball that fits your palm well to make bullet starting easy. It also has a small hole on one side of the ball that fits the end of the ramrod so you can use it to push the bullet all the way down. I really like it when I am at the range and shooting 20-40 rounds.

I don't know about the rest of you but I think that the 200 grain Shockwaves with the blue sabot are pretty tough to get seated. The 250's with the black sabot were much easier.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: G2 Shooter

I think that the 200 grain Shockwaves with the blue sabot are pretty tough to get seated.
\

The Shockwave 200 grainers in the blue sabot do go down pretty snug in my Omega also. But to ease the pain, I use a Knight aluminum range rod with PR's Dead Center plastic bullet starter attached to it. You can seat a really tight fitting sabot fairly easily using this quality rod. The Knight range rod looks like it would last a lifetime too!
Old 10-16-2004, 11:39 AM

Just an update. I wanted to go to the 200 yard range yesterday but my daughter was sick so I didn't make it. Next Thursday is opening day for muzzleloader season in Md so it looks like I'm keeping it as is. I'm guessing that with this load sighted in 2" high at 100 yards, it should be about 2" low at 200 yards. Any body care to comment? I wish I had more test data but I'm out of time.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

you fellas are shooting 50.cal encores right? if so i know what load i'm trying before next season
Old 10-17-2004, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

another question G2 Shooter are the pellets you shooting pyrodex?

Quick Reply: T/C Encore w/Shockwave Range Results With Pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.