Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 What is the dumbest thing you have done with your ML on the Range or Hunting? >

What is the dumbest thing you have done with your ML on the Range or Hunting?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What is the dumbest thing you have done with your ML on the Range or Hunting?

Old 08-29-2004, 07:50 PM

Default RE: What is the dumbest thing you have done with your ML on the Range or Hunting?

I have shot two ramrods out of a muzzleloader at different times. I forgot to remove them after loading. One blew apart about 50 yards out and I never did find the other one. Talk about kicking, my shoulder was black for about a week each time...
Old 08-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Spike

Default RE: What is the dumbest thing you have done with your ML on the Range or Hunting?

Well rustyolranger4x4 here it is lol A friend of mine bought a new m/l and wanted to try it out at the range. At the range he loaded it and shot at the 50 yard target hit alittle low, so he loaded again fix his sight and shot. Then he shot again to make sure it hit about in the same spot . before we walked up to the target he wanted to clean his m/l he started looking around for his ramrod. He said where in heck did i put it. Then he looked up at me and said nooooo I didn't. We walked up to the 50 yard target and half the to the ramrod was sticking out of the bullseye. I looked at my bud and said good shot. rolmao!!
Old 08-30-2004, 02:46 PM

I put on a scope ..touched the trigger to soon.. eye pc. hit my eye brow... co-workers give me heck for that !!![:@]
Old 08-31-2004, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like we got pleny of idiots here without me embarrassing myself but I will confess to being familiar with most of your stories except for shooting myself.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LONGGUN

Well rustyolranger4x4 here it is lol A friend of mine bought a new m/l and wanted to try it out at the range. At the range he loaded it and shot at the 50 yard target hit alittle low, so he loaded again fix his sight and shot. Then he shot again to make sure it hit about in the same spot . before we walked up to the target he wanted to clean his m/l he started looking around for his ramrod. He said where in heck did i put it. Then he looked up at me and said nooooo I didn't. We walked up to the 50 yard target and half the to the ramrod was sticking out of the bullseye. I looked at my bud and said good shot. rolmao!!
glad to hear it although I hope to whitness a friend do it one day, becuass id never do something like that[8D]
Old 08-31-2004, 05:24 PM

I had some moments, but none as bad as quite a few years ago when a friend of mine had loaded his single shot pistol and holstered it while on a shooting range. In his haste he didn't put the holster strap over the hammer. He turned around quickly to respond to somebody and the hammer got snagged on the wooden bench. He felt the tug and moved back to relieve the pressure but instead only released the hammer. Had a load of fun explaining that one to the doctor at the hospital and the police that finally showed up. They laughed it off but he had a 58 caliber hole in his leg.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

OUCH!!
Old 08-31-2004, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

Did this one just two days ago. I was going to show my new Pursuit LT to my grandson. I went to the back loading room which has become a storage area for a lot of junk that doesn't belong there (Old Sweeper, boxes of brass, fishing tackle boxes, plastic bags that wife seems to want to recycle, and a lot of other stuff). I had the new rifle in a soft case in one of the corners as my big gun safe is full. I managed to trip over the sweeper cord and fall on the pile of junk. I did my best to keep the rifle over my head, but on the way down it managed to hit the corner of my gun safe. Now I have a small dent on the OD of the rifle muzzle. Lucky with the loading relief of the Pursuit it should not make a big difference however it made me mad. Bottom line--- clean the room.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Typical Buck

Dumbest thing I ever did?

Well one time I told a friend about the dumb thing I did.

I learned a lot from that. Still get a little review of that lesson every once in a while.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I let a "freind" use a ML for Ohios late season . Came back rusty and the scope bases were sheared off. I had to burn the screws out in the tap burner and spend a afternoon cleaning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: What is the dumbest thing you have done with your ML on the Range or Hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.