Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Load Data Needed Quickly >

Load Data Needed Quickly

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Load Data Needed Quickly

Old 08-04-2004, 11:15 PM

Default Load Data Needed Quickly

I need load data for both the T/C Omega and Encore, both .50 cal., with 348 Gr. Powerbelt AeroTip, with Pyrodex Powder or 777 Powder. Colorado Hunt so must use loose powder, no sabots.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Load Data Needed Quickly

90gr of 2fg 777. Works like a charm out of my Knight.
as an alternative, use 105gr of Pyrodex RS - shoots to the same point of impact as the 777 load.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gunny

I have RE-replied to your PM box.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

95 to 100 grains 777 ff , 348 or 405 powerbelt.I shoot an Omega .50 stainless.If hunting elk you might opt for the 405's.THIS IS JUST A GUIDE LINE AND STARTING POINT EVERY MUZZLELOADER IS A UNIQUE INDIVIDUAL WITH IT'S OWN PREFERENCE.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

You'll need to put in some range time. I suggest loose powder so you can easily change charge amounts. If you need to do it quickly, I'd also suggest bringing along a buddy that you know can shoot well, so you can alternate during the testing. Bring more than one bullet type/weight, and you'll find something that works before too long.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would try 100 grs . I agree range time is a must and not just at the bench use sticks , a back pack and other rests when practicing to get the real feel of a gun . I am not a fan of the Powerbelts ,maybe you will get better accurey than I did . For no sabot areas I shoot TC 370 gr maxi