Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Wal Mart...maybe no more black powder >

Wal Mart...maybe no more black powder

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Wal Mart...maybe no more black powder

Old 03-12-2004, 03:41 PM

Default RE: Wal Mart...maybe no more black powder

my local walmart is seasonal on selling the majority of all hunting gear. . .althought they are just now getting rid of all their archery equipment . . . . its all on clearence
Old 03-13-2004, 04:28 AM

our wally-world super center has a whole wall of B/P supplys now.they keep it all year,they just get more in the season.
they do take the bow equipement away to the back in the summer.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:58 AM
Host of Hosts

I also noticed that Wal-Mart did not have any accessories or pyrodex, ect. The had about 6 or 7 in lines for sale but nothing to go with them.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with MOTurkey,

I wouldn't give a crap if Wal-Mart never sold another gun or supplies. They have systematicaly put many a gun/tackle shop out of business around here. Their sporting goods "Associates" don't know Diddlee Squat about firearms. As for prices - they are competitive if there is competition. If there is none - buyer be ware.

I do shop there on occasion but much prefer to support local business owners including my local independent sporting goods stores.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AJ52 I have to agree with MOTurkey,

I wouldn't give a crap if Wal-Mart never sold another gun or supplies. They have systematicaly put many a gun/tackle shop out of business around here. Their sporting goods "Associates" don't know Diddlee Squat about firearms. As for prices - they are competitive if there is competition. If there is none - buyer be ware.

I do shop there on occasion but much prefer to support local business owners including my local independent sporting goods stores.

I think what you find in your local Walmart is greatly influenced by the local manager, and also what sells well in a particular locality. If there's a demand, they'll stock it! Every once in a while you'll find an "associate' in the gun department who does know something. I've found SOME of these guys a little more generally knowledgeable about their stuff than MOST of the rest of the people in the store. However, I do deplore the Walmart approach of putting local stores out of business, then reducing the availability of what the others used to provide... or worse, leaving the community entirely, which has happened some places!! This is why I buy from the local shops, even when the same item is available at Walmart for less money!!
Old 04-14-2004, 11:24 AM

I know a sporting goods manager at walmart, I hear it is up to the local sporting goods guy and/or the the manager as to what they carry and for how long. Also a walmart has to be a certain size in order to carry powder. Also the managers of walmarts have alot of say over what "seasonal" items they carry. It seems to me some are anti hunting and do there best not to keep hunting stuff around
Old 04-15-2004, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think that all of the restrictions at stores such as wal mart are crap....it wouldnt suprise me if they stopped selling bp shooting supplies, they have to ask if ammo being purchased is for handguns now, and if you say yes they will deny you the purchase. it is all a bunch of BS and also a very good example of the antis power groth if you ask me.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:32 AM

ORIGINAL: AJ52

I have to agree with MOTurkey,

You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!