Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I need help

Old 01-13-2004, 12:27 PM

Default I need help

Im looking to buy a muzzleloading shotgun and was wondering which one I should get. I will be using it mostly for turkey but may use it with buckshot for deer some. I was looking at the Cabelas Double barrel muzzleloader and the
Knight smoothbore. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I need help

Cabela's sent me a catalog and in it was an excellent price on a Knight Shotgun. Get the 12 guage. Knights are well made and will stand up for years and years of dependable use. Besides all it takes is one shot anyway....
Old 01-14-2004, 11:23 PM

I agree
Old 01-17-2004, 12:46 PM

ben i was in your boots 2 yrs ago wanted a 12ga front stuffer for deer an turks, well went to the local gun smith and he had 3 single barrel 12ga' b/p's they are made by navy arms he had them priced at 100.00 bucks so i bought one, the gun has a synth stock and also a vari choke on it, now i have taken 3 deer with this gun all with buckshot, the furthest shot was 70yrds, now i want a 10ga SxS B/P from cabelas either gun you buy will have you addicted to shotgun muzzleloading good luck an good huntin