HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   CVA Hunterbolt or Firebolt? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/48300-cva-hunterbolt-firebolt.html)

txhunter58 01-04-2004 07:51 PM

CVA Hunterbolt or Firebolt?

Which would you choose, the CVA hunterbolt or firebolt? $130 vs. $170.

cayugad 01-04-2004 10:18 PM

RE: CVA Hunterbolt or Firebolt?

I guess if it were me I would look at the features of the rifles. Are there some you really like or dislike? What are the barrel lengths? Ignition? etc. I have to admit, I like CVA products. I bought two new CVA rifles last year and a T/C Black Diamond XR. The CVA Staghorn I bought is an excellent shooting rifle, great trigger, and handles real well. I really like it. And for $89.00 how could you even go wrong...

You need to decide what you like about the rifles. I am sure they will both shoot fine. Good luck in your choice.....

Tomster 01-05-2004 12:36 PM

I bought a CVA Firebolt 50 cal. from Cabela's last year and love the gun. I also got my first doe with it at 70 yards. The only complaints I have is with the scope, Pine Ridge, and will probably replace it this year and the sights I found were cheap, so I removed them. I the the one with the synthetic stock green/blue fibre and black barrel.

Good luck with the rifle.

T

woodeeeeeee 01-27-2004 06:54 PM

I was looking at these 2 rifles at cabelas in michigan just last Saturday. I was leaning towards the Firebolt in 45 cal. and putting my bushnell trophy scope on it. Any advice on the 45 cal.?

drgildy 01-28-2004 10:07 AM

I have a CVA Firebolt and we cannot use scopes during the m/l season. It is very accurate right out of the box. I also have a T/C Hawken both are 50 cal and are fun to shoot but the CVA is much more accurate. I use ioo gr Pyrodex in the cva and shoot Powerbelt bullets. The only thing I get good accuracy with the Hawken is Buffalobullets and 100 gr of Goex.

SnoBall57 01-28-2004 04:30 PM

Well, now that CVA started making the .50 caliber Hunterbolt with a 26" barrel like the Firebolt, I'd say it's up to you cause they shoot the same! I bought a hunterbolt last oct. cause I liked the como synthetic stock and the longer barrel! Shoots a ragged hole at 50 yds. with the 295 powerbelts and two 50 gr. pyrodex pellets![8D]

45Hawken 01-29-2004 11:45 AM

If I were choosing between 45 and 50 I would go with the 50. I say this even though as my name implies, I shoot a 45cal Hawken. There are just so many more bullet choices with the 50. If you ever want to go elk hunting, many states have a 50cal minimum for elk. The big push for the 45s was the increased velocity. In reality this was done by using 165-180gr bullets. You can get 180gr .451 bullets and achieve the same results with the 50. By the way, I have 50 and 54cal in the cabinet also. It's just the old Hawken is a special rifle to me.

woodeeeeeee 02-01-2004 03:10 PM

Thanks for the info. I will be purchasing a rifle soon, and I will keep this in mind
!!