HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   CVA HunterBolt Magnum Muzzleloader (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/43133-cva-hunterbolt-magnum-muzzleloader.html)

Dead Center 11-13-2003 07:44 PM

CVA HunterBolt Magnum Muzzleloader

Just got mine in from cabela' s is anybody shooting this gun.

TScottW99 11-13-2003 07:55 PM

RE: CVA HunterBolt Magnum Muzzleloader

I got one for Christmas last year from my wife. :D I love this gun! It' s shooting 3/4" 3 shot groups at 100 yards when I do my part. I' m using T/C Shockwave/Hornady SST' s in 300 grain with 80 grains of 777 FFG. I also tried the 250 grain Shockwaves and Hornady XTP' s. All shot pretty well but the 300 grainers performed the best. Got my first deer with it on Monday :D

Tomster 11-14-2003 05:38 AM

I have the CVA Firebolt Magnum 50 cal and I too love the gun. I have been using the powerbelts 295 grain but I' ll be switching over to the Shockwave. The bullets look very similar but the cost is so much less on the TC Shockwave.

Good luck and have fun with it....

Tomster

bgcorn 11-14-2003 10:48 PM

I have a CVA Magbolt 150 I LOVE it killed an 8 pointer with it this week. 50 cal 2 777 pellets and 295 grn powerbelt. It is sweet!!!:)

vERN 11-16-2003 09:18 PM

My son & I got CVA Hunterbolt mags last year. I got one deer with it. They seem to shoot very good with the right load - like a lot of other brands. We started out with 245 Powerbelts - fine on paper but marginal on deer. I went with 295 lead PB and my son went back to TC Maxi bullets that he had used in his old traditional gun. Was sighting in yesterday and trying the 295 PB Arrowtip bullets. Started at 90 gr. Pryodex RS and moved up to 95 gr. Got OK group at 50 Yd and then tried a couple at 100. One hit about 2" from bullseye and other was right on. My son told me to quit and go home! (This is with open sights as Minn. doesn' t allow scopes for ML season, which I wish they did as using tri-focals and being 76 I could really use the help.) But as ar as the gun goes, am very satisfied and have
sold several others on them. I WILL have to admit that their quality control on sights does leave a little to be desired. Have two that have had problems this year and will be getting ahold of CVA tomorrow. They were very good at fixing a problem I had last year.

3DTHUNDER 11-18-2003 05:07 PM

I had a Hunterbolt Mag last year and loved it. Sold it to a buddy and after months of thinking about buying a more expensive gun, I bough tanother one except this years has a 26 inch barrell on it. started with 295 Powerbelts and shot ok.....killed a deer last week at 151 yards and hit dead on..........shooting 2 pyrodex pelets and the 295PB. I shot Knight Red Hots 300 grain bullets out of it last year and am going to switch back in a few days. The Knight Red Hot/Barnes Expander MZ.....is one heck of a devastating bullet on deer. I am impressed with these guns. The difference between a gun like this and a gun that cost hundreds more is not in the grouping and killing. I have owned a Knight DISC rifle, weighed like 10 pounds with a scope. Unloaded it, bought a Hunterbolt, saved some cash and havn' t looked back really.

sakdot 01-09-2022 06:06 AM

I had a 2001 manufacture date CVA hunterbolt magnum given to me but it was missing some parts. Primarily the bolt. Checking the internet new style quick release bolts are available from Deer Creek, but I’m sure with a 2001 date of manufacture, mine is probably an early style. What’s the difference. Anyone know?