HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Here we go again! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/428915-here-we-go-again.html)

bronko22000 01-04-2023 12:42 PM

Here we go again!

This season is wrecking havoc on me. Good thing I got a doe and a buck during archery season. I missed all but the last day of regular rifle season due to acute bronchitis and now that our late season is here, and only been out a couple days, I got a nasty cold. I can live with the stuffy nose but with all the coughing I will never see a deer. I hope you all are fairing out better than I.
To help with the misery I had a nice thick venison steak with sauteed mushroom and onions, a baked potato and asparagus for supper. That helped a little!

Wingbone 01-05-2023 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by bronko22000 (Post 4408891)
To help with the misery I had a nice thick venison steak with sauteed mushroom and onions, a baked potato and asparagus for supper.

Yum! No better eating than that!

Bocajnala 01-05-2023 06:19 AM

You have had a rough season!

Hope you get to feeling better quickly

Semisane 01-05-2023 10:06 AM

The secret to hunting with a cold like that Bronko, is to make the cough sound like a buck wheezing while chasing a doe. 😁

edmehlig 01-05-2023 01:30 PM

Clem, I know how you feel. I came down with RSV and with the Sarcodois in my lungs, the coughing took at least six weeks to go away.

GoexBlackhorn 01-07-2023 03:39 PM

Wishing both Bronko and Ed a healthy New Year.
I'm wishing myself good health in 23' also, even though partial knee replacement is coming on the 24th.
Also wishing myself lots of range shooting time this spring and late summer. I haven't touched any of my muzzleloaders in 3-4 years and the itch to make smoke has finally returned.

edmehlig 01-08-2023 05:06 PM

Thank You! I'm hoping if I fully retire this April, I'll be able to do a lot more shooting with my 45 & 50 Cal Renegades as well as my Flintlock Lyman Deerstalker.

bronko22000 01-25-2023 01:19 PM

Well season is over and of course I feel great.
but at least I'm still breathing and above ground

Semisane 01-25-2023 07:26 PM

Bronko, I'm reminded of an old interview of Red Skelton by Johnny Carson on the Tonight Show in which they were discussing their advancing years. One of Red's remarks was, "You know how I start the day off? Every morning I open my eyes and if I don't see candles and smell flowers I get up."

Glad you're feeling great buddy. I'm at the tail end of a three-month COVID experience. While I don't yet feel "great", I have stopped checking for candles and sniffing for flowers.

bronko22000 01-26-2023 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Semisane (Post 4409251)
Bronko, I'm reminded of an old interview of Red Skelton by Johnny Carson on the Tonight Show in which they were discussing their advancing years. One of Red's remarks was, "You know how I start the day off? Every morning I open my eyes and if I don't see candles and smell flowers I get up."

Glad you're feeling great buddy. I'm at the tail end of a three-month COVID experience. While I don't yet feel "great", I have stopped checking for candles and sniffing for flowers.

Well you better not go before me because you're my primary lead supplier!
Actually I think I'm good with lead now. I just picked up a 5 gallon bucket full of pure lead chips at a machine shop in florida for $125! (100+ lbs)
Glad you're feeling better. From what my cousin tells me it takes a long time to feel normal again.