HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Knight 45 ULite SS - At the Dinger Farm (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/427796-knight-45-ulite-ss-dinger-farm.html)

sabotloader 03-28-2022 01:56 PM

Knight 45 ULite SS - At the Dinger Farm

I was able to make a quick run to the Dinger farm Saturday afternoon, the weather was just to dang nice to stay home. I really wanted to shoot this second Knight Ulite SS that I recently traded for.

Basically, this shoot was the same shoot I performed with the Nitride Ulite at the Rock Pit only this time much closer to home.

After installing a new bare primer breech and shimming it to be a good with Winchester W209's. I then bore sighted it with an inexpensive barrel laser bore sight. I was really hoping that I would have the same good luck that I had with the ULite. I thought it was really lucky that I got so close last week.

Got to the farm, set up the tailgate work bench and the collapsible shooting bench. Stapled a target to the target board. I then took the target to 50 yards + I also setup a couple of clay birds at 50. I had decided to shoot the cold clean barrel at the birds, then shoot the target with what I call a semi clean bore. The load was once again 120gr. by volume of BH 209, a MMP 40x45 tan sabot and a Lehigh 40x200CF-HP Copper bullet. I should mention I really hate using BH for target/recreational shooting - just too darn expensive!!! But then again, I was in Tri State the other day and they did have some T7 powder but it was nearly $40 a bottle - terrible price!

I was able to score on the two 50 yd birds then I went to shoot the target to see where the bullets were going to hit the paper. I was really happy with the 3 shots on the paper.

I did then move the scope two clicks right. At this point I had enough of shooting paper I wanted to shoot something breaks when shot. So I grabbed the range finder and 3 birds, walked out in the spring wheat field and set the 3 birds for shooting.

This pic was taken after the first shot. The first I held the cross hair right at bottom of the left bird and took the shot. I appears that I shot just barely over the top of the bird but close enough to cause the bird to fall back flat on the ground. I then turned the scope down 4 clicks and destroyed the last two birds.

It was another good day - wish I had more time to shoot more. Maybe later this week.

1874sharpsshooter 04-25-2022 08:41 AM

You planning on keeping that one or selling it ? I need a good ulite I gave mine away to get a friend started in the blackpowder world.

sabotloader 04-25-2022 09:20 AM

SharpShooter - Long time no-hear from you. Glad to see you back!

At this point I am going to keep it and the other new one that I got. This is the other one that I was able to pick up.

Knight 45 ULite Nitride - In the Rock Pit - HuntingNet.com Forums

Both of these rifles shoot well.

I got out to the Rock Pit yesterday with the SS 45 to finish sighting it in... It was a really good day!

I am going to try to get a forum post ready tomorrow - Got to Kennewick today to watch my granddaughter play softball + the weather is great!