HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Where is everyone? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/427644-where-everyone.html)

bronko22000 02-27-2022 07:36 AM

Where is everyone?

Where are all the devoted muzzleloader shooters? I come here every day and there is nothing new posted. Not even and replies to existing threads! This is a great forum with lots of knowledge but it appears to be dying out. I realize that its winter and the weather isn't cooperating but wow, you can be writing about something.

hubby11 02-27-2022 05:09 PM

It's not just this sub-forum, the whole of hunting.net seems to be stagnant. I don't have a solid answer, sometimes a forum just seems to run out of steam. I am curious what's the average age of a regular poster in this sub-forum.

Semisane 02-27-2022 08:02 PM

This was the best and most active muzzleloading forum on the Internet until two things happened. First, for some reason participation began dropping off after traditional muzzleloading was split off as a sub-section of the black powder forum. Then we lost Dave Anderson (Cayugad) who's posts and comments kept things rolling merrily along. I never met Dave face-to-face, but I dang sure do miss him.

bronko22000 02-28-2022 06:41 AM

I agree Semi...several people have went to the Happy Hunting Ground since I've joined this forum. But I also came to know a lot of guys that I consider a friend, you included. (even though you are at half cock! LOL)
You, Sabotloader, Me, and a couple others are the ones that keep this forum, at least the black powder section, going. Its a shame that some guys dropped out because they didn't agree with others and got their panties in a bunch. A forum is an open discussion without bias.
Me, even being an old dog, still learns a few thing now and then.

Gm54-120 02-28-2022 06:52 AM

When you log on more than half the user names are fake bot names and the people with the power to stop it wont.....Well thats fine....they can have their fake users and i will post most of my content elsewhere.

sabotloader 02-28-2022 08:54 AM

I keep hoping most will bounce back as we get closer to the hunting seasons.

I like all of you have noticed that it is a very quiet place!

idahoron 02-28-2022 10:28 AM

I drop in about every day. But just haven't seen much. I haven't been shooting this winter to report.
I think Facebook groups are what's killing forums. A guy can get almost instant replies and get instant notifications. But you have to put up with a lot of drama there too.

SportsmanNH 02-28-2022 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by idahoron (Post 4402410)
I drop in about every day. But just haven't seen much. I haven't been shooting this winter to report.
I think Facebook groups are what's killing forums. A guy can get almost instant replies and get instant notifications. But you have to put up with a lot of drama there too.

Its beyond me why any hunter or shooter with bow or firearm would ever go to FakeBook . They are one of the top donors to anti hunting and anti 2nd amendment Democrats and special interest organizations . They want to censor out the truth and shove their liberal agenda down everyones throats.

Bocajnala 03-01-2022 12:29 AM

Yep, what Ron said. Make a post on one of those pages and you'll get immediate replies. And sometimes hundreds of them.

-Jake

TNHagies 03-07-2022 05:15 PM

I drop in from time-to-time and is good to see some familiar names still posting. I really hate we lost Dave. He always felt like family.

Young kids have stifled my shooting quite a bit and then the oldest girl has got into modern sporting rifles and pistols. So I spend a lot of time reloading ammo for her to burn up.

Lord willing, this summer I'll get some time to get back behind the smokepole.