Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The Mongrel is ready for Ohio Deer season!! >

The Mongrel is ready for Ohio Deer season!!

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The Mongrel is ready for Ohio Deer season!!

Old 11-25-2021, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The Mongrel is ready for Ohio Deer season!!

I have been shooting many different types of bullets out of this ML. It really seems to shoot them all well. I will be shooting the 240grn CF sabotless bullet this year by Lehigh Defense. Pretty excited to see how it all works this hunting season.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...=278&crop=fill
This was my final 100 yard group.

Last edited by Grouse45; 11-25-2021 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow I can see why you call it a mongrel! That sure is a different looking muzzy. But heck if it shoots that well it doesn't matter what it looks like. I can't wait to hear a story if you get stopped by a game warden during our early muzzy season...LOL
Old 11-29-2021, 07:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

I can't wait to hear a story if you get stopped by a game warden during our early muzzy season...LOL
Yeah, I'd love to be there to watch that conversation.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
. I can't wait to hear a story if you get stopped by a game warden during our early muzzy season...LOL
Not sure why PA is mentioned in an Ohio gun season thread??!!

As far the conversation in early ML in PA it just wouldn’t happen with me. Knowing the basic firearms rules and regulations you would clearly see the Mongrel is not legal in PA!!!

As far as Ohio, no kills yet!!🦌
Old 12-04-2021, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

I don't believe "Ohio" was in the original thread title.

It should be legal for PA early muzzleloader season though. Flintlock is after Christmas.

Pretty cool looking.

-Jake
Old 12-04-2021, 05:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Not sure why PA is mentioned in an Ohio gun season thread??!!

As far the conversation in early ML in PA it just wouldn’t happen with me. Knowing the basic firearms rules and regulations you would clearly see the Mongrel is not legal in PA!!!

As far as Ohio, no kills yet!!🦌
Jake is right. Ohio wasn't mentioned and you're listed as being in PA! And Grouse that would be legal in the early PA season. Only requirement is .44 cal or larger. The late season it would not be legal. I said that because at first glance it resembles an AR.

Last edited by bronko22000; 12-04-2021 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

to the OP< can you tell us more about this gun, what all is it? I think it looks pretty cool and seems to shoot very well, so would enjoy learning more about it!
Old 12-05-2021, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Agreed. Certainly looks 'cool'

-Jake
Old 12-06-2021, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mrbb
to the OP< can you tell us more about this gun, what all is it? I think it looks pretty cool and seems to shoot very well, so would enjoy learning more about it!
No breach plug is the biggest benefit in my opinion. This allows no double charging, more consistent ignition and velocities. No flame channel to clean or get plugged up. No Flash hole/ventliner erosion which produces different velocities and erratic accuracy. And also you can see the bullet in your barrel just by breaking it open.

The ignition system is a special casing made that the primer and powder is all ready in and the end is crimped and sealed so the powder doesn't pour out or leak. You simply just put in and take it out when not in use. Your bullet sets on a little shelf i call it and the casing comes right to the back of the bullet providing consistent ignition and velocities every time. And it has its own black powder substitute in the casing. It's very clean and non corrosive similar to BH209.

I do want to mention this is not a 3-4- 500 yard ML. At 2000fps 175 to 200 yards is max in my opinion. I will take some chronagraph numbers as soon as i get it back or even after Deer season.

Cant find the pictures i already had, so i will put up new ones when i get a chance.
Old 12-06-2021, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for some info, but please feel free to add more on things , like who and where can one get things
and again, barrel length , its seems like a very interesting gun and again, I'd enjoy learning more on it!
so, I gather its loaded from the rear and not the muzzle/
so if so, what dioes that claissify things as , rifle, or pistol or??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.