HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   In need of a Knight Wolverine Trigger (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/426100-need-knight-wolverine-trigger.html)

BoilerUp 06-28-2021 07:01 AM

In need of a Knight Wolverine Trigger

I know this is a long shot but would anyone happen to have an extra knight wolverine trigger laying around they would like to sell? My trigger quite working and I can't figure out how to fix it.

sabotloader 06-28-2021 07:27 AM

I would bet your trigger can be fixed.... The percussion hammer type Knights it is pretty common for the trigger to stop working unless you clean them as you clean the rifle. It would be my suggestion that you remove the trigger from the rifle and spray a good cleaning fluid like Birchwood Casey 2-in-1 bore cleaner through it.

There are also 2 adjustments on the trigger that might need to be re-set.

I also should ask:
1. When you pull the hammer assembly back does it catch the sear and remain back or does it go completely closed when you release it?
2. Or does the trigger refuse to pull and release the hammer assembly?

BoilerUp 06-29-2021 06:26 AM

The trigger will not move at all. I haven't had a chance yet to try what you posted above but really appreciate it you taking the time to reply. I will let you know results here when I get to it.

sabotloader 06-29-2021 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by BoilerUp (Post 4393757)
The trigger will not move at all. I haven't had a chance yet to try what you posted above but really appreciate it you taking the time to reply. I will let you know results here when I get to it.

With your reply I really think a soaking cleaning - relubrication will solve your problem. There a couple of things internally that could can cause your problem.

WVCritter 07-04-2021 09:38 AM

Check your local pawn shops. I see so many of these guns that sell for cheap because they have not been properly cleaned. I picked up one for $40 with a little rust in the barrel and a broken front sight. The trigger, stock, and bolt are in like new condition. Although it cleaned up pretty good, I've never shot it because I only bought it for parts in case I needed them on my other Knights.

BoilerUp 07-07-2021 12:52 PM

I had high hopes of fixing this. I got it moving some and compared to my Dad's trigger as he has the same gun. I took that forward adjust screw out to clean and a spring that was in there fell out. I am now unable to get the forward adjust screen back in with the spring in there.

sabotloader 07-08-2021 07:54 AM

So... just out of curiosity I looked at my MK trigger and I am not sure how to get the spring back into its proper spot. Did the spring fall completely out of the the trigger body? Or is it floating around inside the body? The forward adjustment screw... is for setting trigger pull - (how hard or easy it is to pull the trigger). I am at a loss as to how the spring may have fallen completely out of the trigger body.

BoilerUp 07-08-2021 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by sabotloader (Post 4394197)
So... just out of curiosity I looked at my MK trigger and I am not sure how to get the spring back into its proper spot. Did the spring fall completely out of the the trigger body? Or is it floating around inside the body? The forward adjustment screw... is for setting trigger pull - (how hard or easy it is to pull the trigger). I am at a loss as to how the spring may have fallen completely out of the trigger body.

Mine fell completely out.

sabotloader 07-12-2021 06:27 PM

Here is some information for you

Hello Guy's : I still have a few Timney triggers for the Knight MK,BK,LK,Bighorn and TK models. $50 plus shipping.

Steve

FOR SALE - Knight triggers | Modern Muzzleloader Muzzleloading Forum

Do not know anything about this gentleman.