Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

.45 Bullet Test

Old 05-24-2021, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Ron did you patch then size to .446" or sized then patched? If you're shooting them at .446" you're barrel is a lot tighter than mine.
I'm wrapping then sizing to .446. I shot some as wrapped. They went down really tight. They didn't shoot well at all. Mine likes them at .446 with tracing paper.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by idahoron
I'm wrapping then sizing to .446. I shot some as wrapped. They went down really tight. They didn't shoot well at all. Mine likes them at .446 with tracing paper.
Well I hope you find a load with them that your rifle likes. I still have some work to do but I have My GM LRH pretty good for now until I have more time to tweak a load. I have to find something my .45 Encore likes and I have my 50 cal Disc Extreme to sight in and My 700ML if I ever get the bolt back from Badger Ridge!
I'm going to try some 200 gr 10mm XTPs with a Harvester blue CR sabot and Goex FFFg and Pyrodex P in the Encore. For the Extreme I'm going to be trying some 250 gr and 300 gr XTPs and BH209 powder.
Heading up to the cabin on Thursday for a couple days to charge the batteries and do some shooting and get away from jobs around the house for a while.

Last edited by bronko22000; 05-24-2021 at 05:19 PM.