Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Minute too late

Old 02-20-2021, 08:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Minute too late

I was at a gun show this morning and I noticed a guy walking past me with a rifle and a note out of the muzzle. It was black / stainless and the note said Knight 45 cal. $200.
It was so crowded and I was trying to catch up with hom to get a look at it but another guy stopped him,looked at it and decided to buy it. It was a Disc Extreme with scope. UGGGGG I was POd.
Everything else was ridiculously priced. A brick of 22LR selling for $100! Gun prices thru the roof. It was crazy. I did manage to get 2 boxes of 250 gr .452" XTPs for $30 each which wss pretty good.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

I've been thinking about retiring and starting to sell bricks of .22.

Could do pretty well for a while.

-Jake
Old 02-20-2021, 01:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I've been thinking about retiring and starting to sell bricks of .22.

Could do pretty well for a while.

-Jake
i just might have enough handgun ammo to buy a new truck at the rate they're selling it...lol
Old 02-20-2021, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I was at a gun show this morning and I noticed a guy walking past me with a rifle and a note out of the muzzle. It was black / stainless and the note said Knight 45 cal. $200.
It was so crowded and I was trying to catch up with hom to get a look at it but another guy stopped him,looked at it and decided to buy it. It was a Disc Extreme with scope. UGGGGG I was POd.
Everything else was ridiculously priced. A brick of 22LR selling for $100! Gun prices thru the roof. It was crazy. I did manage to get 2 boxes of 250 gr .452" XTPs for $30 each which wss pretty good.
should have bought them 22's
just got a email in saying they got some in , and asking price is now $150 a brick of 500?
so went up 50 bucks from earlier today LOl

seen 9 mm going for 46 bucks a box too!

the crazy prices are on
and I gather things will get a Lot worse/higher as time passes!

Old 02-20-2021, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad I stock up all those years of plenty of ammo and decent prices, also all the reloading supplies to. Shouldn't need anything for a long time
Old 02-21-2021, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gregrn43
I'm glad I stock up all those years of plenty of ammo and decent prices, also all the reloading supplies to. Shouldn't need anything for a long time
Hope you don't buy something new that you aren't stocked up for.

-Jake
Old 02-21-2021, 04:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe it was luck or whatever but I've been stocking up on lead and a bit of tin and I've purchased several bullet molds in various calibers and have a good supply of powder too. Even if worse comes to worse I can load with black !powder or a substitute. We don't yet know what is going to happen in this country
Old 03-14-2021, 08:25 AM
Spike

As far as 22 rimfire goes when I was fooling with rimfire silhouette I tested a lot of different brands of standard velocity and match ammo, odds are the leftovers will last me the next ten years no problem.