Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Muzzleloader Question >

Muzzleloader Question

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Muzzleloader Question

Old 12-17-2020, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Muzzleloader Question

Hi everyone, I just have a quick question. I am planning on saving up to get a muzzleloader. I have already asked if it was worth it, and I got many good answers.

In my state, There are specific regulations for muzzleloaders. However, I have no idea where to start on how to use them. Here’s my question. For the state of Idaho, or in general, is there such a thing as a muzzleloader education class? Just to get me familiar with the firearm and how to use it?

I’m not finding anything on Idaho fish and game.

Any help with this will be appreciated, Jared
Old 12-18-2020, 12:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Youtube is your friend.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jnicholes
Hi everyone, I just have a quick question. I am planning on saving up to get a muzzleloader. I have already asked if it was worth it, and I got many good answers.

In my state, There are specific regulations for muzzleloaders. However, I have no idea where to start on how to use them. Here’s my question. For the state of Idaho, or in general, is there such a thing as a muzzleloader education class? Just to get me familiar with the firearm and how to use it?

where do you live
Old 12-18-2020, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dustyr
where do you live
I live in Boise. Why do you ask?
Old 12-18-2020, 10:21 AM
Typical Buck

Probably because he is goin to advise you about locating a local sportsman club or maybe a local branch of the National Muzzleloaders Assn.to help you out.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY
Probably because he is goin to advise you about locating a local sportsman club or maybe a local branch of the National Muzzleloaders Assn.to help you out.
thanks. I was just asking for clarification.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

IdahoRon is a member here and quite an artist when it comes to shooting front stuffers. I would suggest getting in touch with him seeing as he is also in Idaho so not only within your state but also very familiar with your states hunting regulations so he could advise you on your front stuffer purchase. I have been shooting smokers for a little over 4 decades and am highly familiar with them. I have seen some of Ron's shooting and the man knows his stuff.
Old 12-19-2020, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hunters_life
IdahoRon is a member here and quite an artist when it comes to shooting front stuffers. I would suggest getting in touch with him seeing as he is also in Idaho so not only within your state but also very familiar with your states hunting regulations so he could advise you on your front stuffer purchase. I have been shooting smokers for a little over 4 decades and am highly familiar with them. I have seen some of Ron's shooting and the man knows his stuff.
Thank you for the vote of confidence.
Old 12-19-2020, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jnicholes

I actually go over muzzleloaders in my Hunters Ed that I teach. It is not required for a teacher to provide though. I would be glad to help you. I'm in the Twin Falls area. After hunting season is over if you are willing to make the drive I would be glad to take you to the range with my rifles and let you test them and see what you like and answer any questions you might have.
Old 12-20-2020, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

J, there's a few guys on here that when they talk on certain subjects- it's best to listen. Ron is one of those guys. And luckily for you he's fairly close and a willing teacher. And a successful muzzleloader hunter.

Take advantage of the opportunity some time!

-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.