Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Anyone use the Pedroselli foldable Globe sight? >

Anyone use the Pedroselli foldable Globe sight?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Anyone use the Pedroselli foldable Globe sight?

Old 07-12-2020, 09:22 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default Anyone use the Pedroselli foldable Globe sight?

I had the above added to my Sharps BP 54 cal carbine.
I tried to find information on how to use it.
I sighted in at 25 yds using the circles center post but didnt think to try a shot at 50 using the top post.
I also tried the iron post and box horn back sight but didnt like that. Too hard to see with my old eyes.
This front globe sight folds down to the open center brass pin seen in the above picture.

I do have an adjustable back Peep sight I'm getting used to. Not real proud of my grouping. I'll be practicing quite a bit.
Would like to use this on my black bear hunt.

80 grains BP, 475 gr Christmas tree conical.

Any information would be sppreciated.
Thanks
JW

Anyone have any experience with this?

Last edited by JW; 07-12-2020 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-12-2020, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

Those are called "Beach" sights. I have one on my Lyman Great Plains muzzleloader paired with a Lyman 57 peep sight. The brass blade (when folded down) is used for quick shots at close range. The enclosed bead (when folded up) is for target work. The top bead can be used as a long distance sight.on larger targets. With my 50 caliber muzzleloader, the brass blade is sighted in for 30 yards, when I flip up the bead sight it is dead on at 55 yards, and the top bead puts me about 1.5" high at 100 yards.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:50 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Thank you.
I wish my Brass post was just a bit thicker. Be easier for me to see.
Ill be trying distances hopefully later this week.
I just need my powder to get here.

JW
Old 08-04-2020, 04:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Fyrstyk54
Those are called "Beach" sights. I have one on my Lyman Great Plains muzzleloader paired with a Lyman 57 peep sight. The brass blade (when folded down) is used for quick shots at close range. The enclosed bead (when folded up) is for target work. The top bead can be used as a long distance sight.on larger targets. With my 50 caliber muzzleloader, the brass blade is sighted in for 30 yards, when I flip up the bead sight it is dead on at 55 yards, and the top bead puts me about 1.5" high at 100 yards.
I don't mean to argue the point but there is no way what you stated is correct if you didn't move the rear sight. With the first 2 statements the brass ramp sight and the globe in the circle I may agree but not with the final part of this. If you did not move your rear sight and tried to line that top bead on a target, assuming your other sights were sighted in as you state, then you would be hitting really low at any yardage.

Last edited by bronko22000; 08-04-2020 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

You are absolutely correct. I mis typed and ment to say I way 5.5" low at 100 yards.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:19 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Thanks gents.

I get a chance to try this today. My adjustable pi hole peep came in. So that has been replaced. 9 different diameter holes to dial thru for best lighting and front site clarity.
And my new supply if black powder is in too.

So all I need is bench time.

Oh and one of my bear baits has been hit!
JW
Old 08-06-2020, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

That .54 shpuld put a nice hole in a bear. I'm hoping to plug one with my .58 this fall. We can't bait here in PA so ots a hit or miss thing either hunting on stand in a likely location or still hunting. I used to still hunt them a lot but in the mtns. I hunt and my bum knee it looks like I'll be testricted to stand hunting.