Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
cva optima lr muzzleloader >

cva optima lr muzzleloader

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

cva optima lr muzzleloader

Old 02-24-2020, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why do they call it the "LR" because it now has a 28" Barrel? then I'm guessing it has the Quick Release Breech Plug also. But do they now come with the Bergara Barrel? If so then the Price is ok. If he likes it then it's a good deal, there are those who don't like CVA and those who do, I am one who does and that's why when I bought my first ACCURA back in 2005 I bought another that I still have New in the Box. I'll probably never use it at the rate I'm going as the first one is still as new as can be mechanically and just a few wear spots on the camo stock from where I hold onto it. She's a Shooter and I Love her. I'm sure the Optima is just as good, but I Prefer the Bergara Barrels in Stainless.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Why do they call it the "LR" because it now has a 28" Barrel? then I'm guessing it has the Quick Release Breech Plug also. But do they now come with the Bergara Barrel? If so then the Price is ok. If he likes it then it's a good deal, there are those who don't like CVA and those who do, I am one who does and that's why when I bought my first ACCURA back in 2005 I bought another that I still have New in the Box. I'll probably never use it at the rate I'm going as the first one is still as new as can be mechanically and just a few wear spots on the camo stock from where I hold onto it. She's a Shooter and I Love her. I'm sure the Optima is just as good, but I Prefer the Bergara Barrels in Stainless.
I think the LR stands for long range. The Optima V2 is basically the same as the Accura, without the name Bergara stamped on the barrel, same trigger assembly and breech. The Optima V2 barrels are not as "refined" as the Accura from what I have read. I haven't owned or shot an Accura, but the Optima (especially nitrided barrels) is a accurate gun just not as expensive.