Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Has innovation gone too far? >

Has innovation gone too far?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Has innovation gone too far?

Old 01-26-2020, 05:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Fyrstyk54
As I said on another forum, "with this current trend, I will not be surprised if game managers in the states that have muzzle loading seasons go back to requiring "primitive side lock firearms and their reproductions"." Wouldn't bother me if they did, cause I hunt with a flint lock. Just too old fashioned i guess.
It could not happen soon enough for me.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:16 AM
Typical Buck

ain't going to happen . do you realize what kind of revenue would be lost
Old 01-27-2020, 09:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

You're right about that Shaffer. Damn shame though.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Everyone that has been on here a while knows that I like to hunt with my sidelocks more than anything (except archery). I do use my inline on occasion but this thing here is definitely on the edge of being more like a rifle than a muzzleloader. Yea, I think its going too far. But like I said previously, it likely won't last long.
Old 01-28-2020, 02:55 AM
Spike

When does the Nitrofire go on sale to the public?
Old 01-29-2020, 05:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

As far as the N fire is concerned I think the are looking for the one a minute customer.
As for the innovation that are real improvements I love them. But if they develop to much range there will be problems and then restrictions will come.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by lemoyne
As far as the N fire is concerned I think the are looking for the one a minute customer.
As for the innovation that are real improvements I love them. But if they develop to much range there will be problems and then restrictions will come.
Le I agree with your first two statements but the last one...hmmmm not so much. How much more range are we talking about . There are guys on here shooting waay past what I would even consider muzzleloader range!
My concern is any of those idiotic politicians from shotgun or muzzleloader only states reading some of these forum threads and seeing someone shooting (accurately) their muzzleloaders at 600 yards and beyond and saying they're too powerful to use.
I understand these are the exception rather than the rule. But you know how things go in this crazy world.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Brokno, , my though is that when we get to the point that the fps equal or pass a mid range rifle like the 30-30 somebody will notice and then the restrictions [like stick the inlines in the rifle season may start] any accidents are likely to start the law makers thinking along that line so every one should be very careful about what is behind the deer they are shooting at even at a angle.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Brokno, , my though is that when we get to the point that the fps equal or pass a mid range rifle like the 30-30 somebody will notice and then the restrictions [like stick the inlines in the rifle season may start] any accidents are likely to start the law makers thinking along that line so every one should be very careful about what is behind the deer they are shooting at even at a angle.
You are absolutely correct. During our hunter education classes we drill into the students to "positively identify your target as a safe and legal target AND what is beyond."
The two major causes of firearm related incidents (they're not accidents) is failure to identify your target and being in the line of fire.
Old 01-31-2020, 04:48 PM
Spike

What makes you think the lawmakers won't make northern Michigan a shotgun/muzzleloader zone if there are hunting accident from 30-30 or 30-.06 bullets?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.