Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Recommendations please for WA Legal deer muzzleloader? >

Recommendations please for WA Legal deer muzzleloader?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Recommendations please for WA Legal deer muzzleloader?

Old 12-20-2019, 10:40 PM
Spike

If I only plan on hunting in WA state, would I be better off just getting the bare primer bolt option from Sportsman's you mentioned?, if so which one is it?, I see this one for $130 at Sportsman's right now. Knight Disc Extreme Full Plastic Jacket Muzzleloader Conversion Kit.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

The $130 one is what comes with the Extreme already. Sportsmans has a Mountaineer bare 209 kit but you cant use the plug. You would still need the Lehigh Extreme plug. The plugs are slightly different length. So its cheaper and easier just to go with all Lehigh parts. I have both and the bare primer bolt is harder to load....Just a FYI...Lehigh makes the bolts and plugs for Knight. Knight quit selling the "conversion" style adapter and now Lehigh sells them direct.

The pic is not correct. Mountaineer bolts are jeweled and the knob is knurled. M900602 is the correct part number for a Mountaineer bolt like mine.
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-...onv-k/p/p62025

Knight sells a loading tool for the bare primer bolt or you can make one from a 6mm box end wrench. You need to grind it a little to fit into the bare primer bolt body. The adapter style just takes a little practice but its easy without any tool once you get the hang of it.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 12-21-2019 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:13 AM
Spike

Got it, very good and thanks for your patience. I'll see if any stores around here carry the Knights so I can feel it up to my shoulder before buying, otherwise I'm sold.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Jdscott3
Got it, very good and thanks for your patience. I'll see if any stores around here carry the Knights so I can feel it up to my shoulder before buying, otherwise I'm sold.
If you think you might go with the DISC - check this out

https://www.muzzleloaders.com/produc...-muzzleloader/

This pic shows the Knight FPJ bolt installed with a Lehigh Primer adapter and Bare primer breech plug installed on the nose of the bolt

And then with a 209 primer dropped in

And they really do shoot well.... 100 yard birds with a peep sight.

Last edited by sabotloader; 12-21-2019 at 09:28 AM.