Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Cleaning barrel threads >

Cleaning barrel threads

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Cleaning barrel threads

Old 09-21-2019, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

I just wanted to Thank BarnesAddict once again for the Brush idea, and Where to purchase them. The wife and I ventured to the City today and i picked them up. I can see why you advise them, They look REALLY Good!! No doubt they will work good I am looking forward to using them, they will definitely be a Big help in my Inline Cleaning Routine, Barrel Threads Mainly for me with my Mountaineer since i prefer Greasing my Breechplug. The Nylon Brushes will be What i use. BarnesAddict mentions Plunger Guns above, I ABSOLUTELY agree, This set of Brushes would be a DREAM Come True for Plunger Guns, Especially the few Guy’s like myself that Use Real Blackpowder in them (Not many of us) My BIGGEST Complaint with Plunger Guns after Real Blackpowder. The Breech Area is a ROYAL PITA to get in, and to get good n Clean after Turning it BLACK From Real Blackpowder Blowback, This Brush Set would make SHORT work of that!

Old 09-21-2019, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Idaholewis
I just wanted to Thank BarnesAddict once again for the Brush idea, and Where to purchase them. The wife and I ventured to the City today and i picked them up. I can see why you advise them, They look REALLY Good!! No doubt they will work good I am looking forward to using them, they will definitely be a Big help in my Inline Cleaning Routine, Barrel Threads Mainly for me with my Mountaineer since i prefer Greasing my Breechplug. The Nylon Brushes will be What i use. BarnesAddict mentions Plunger Guns above, I ABSOLUTELY agree, This set of Brushes would be a DREAM Come True for Plunger Guns, Especially the few Guy’s like myself that Use Real Blackpowder in them (Not many of us) My BIGGEST Complaint with Plunger Guns after Real Blackpowder. The Breech Area is a ROYAL PITA to get in, and to get good n Clean after Turning it BLACK From Real Blackpowder Blowback, This Brush Set would make SHORT work of that!

I figured if you seen them you'd pick them up. Dandy aren't they?
Old 09-23-2019, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Exact Part# and pricing

I really needed that extension. It locks the bits in and i got a small assortment of hex shank drill bits. My current extension does not lock them in. I got a HF just a couple miles away.

Brush set $18.99 https://www.harborfreight.com/engine...-pc-63732.html
Quick change extension $7.99 https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-...ion-68516.html

Last edited by Gm54-120; 09-23-2019 at 09:59 AM.