Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Dave Gullo World Champion again >

Dave Gullo World Champion again

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Dave Gullo World Champion again

Old 09-04-2019, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Dave Gullo World Champion again

I was over at Buffalo Arms this morning getting a few supplies, I learned that Dave Gullo (Buffalo Arms owner, and friend of mine) is World Champion Again Dave is a Straight up Good Guy, Fun to visit with, a WEALTH of Knowledge. I see Dave on a Regular Basis in his Place of Business, he has never been to busy to Step aside and Visit. It is Dave Gullo and Lee Shaver’s who inspired me to take Muzzleloading to level i have, They have both been a BIG Help to me. When i think Pro Shooters, The “ELITE” it is Dave Gullo, and Lee Shaver’s That IMMEDIATELY come to my Mind. If you beat these Guy’s while on their A Game, you have done something BIG

Dave Gullo at Bisley National Shooting Centre (NRA of the UK)

A good picture of Both Dave Gullo, and Lee Shaver’s, 2 LEGENDS Right here!!

Old 09-04-2019, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

That’s great! Congratulations. And I agree that Dave and Lee are 2 of the best. The Late Joe Hepsworth was my inspiration.
He was right there with Dave and Lee .
Old 09-05-2019, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

I hear that the U S men’s team took gold in the 1000 yard .
Old 09-05-2019, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe down the road and over time, they'll have a World Inline Championship.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:15 AM
Fork Horn

I just can’t get in to a Competitive Shooting, I have done it over the years, Shotgun (Trap Shooting) and 3D Archery, I Excelled in Both. But to me personally, Competitive Shooting takes the Fun out of Shooting. Back when i did it, I took competitive Shooting VERY SERIOUS and it took the Fun Right out of it to me. The absolute best times i had was on Practice Days, A bunch of us having Fun. There are people that enjoy Competitive Shooting, And People That Don’t, I personally Don’t, But I respect Both Groups.

The same as my Stance on the NMLRA, I have NOTHING in the World against it, I have nothing but respect for folks that are in to it and Donate Toward it, the same as I would hope they have for me that I Don’t. I live nearly 2,500 Miles From Friendship Indiana, That Place might as well be in China to me, I will Likely never see Friendship Indiana in my Lifetime, So what good would i get out of it? I will never use their Range, ANYTHING.

I come on these Forums because I enjoy Muzzleloading, and i truly enjoy helping others, I freely Share ANY, and EVERYTHING i Know on these Forums, Things i have Spent TONS of Hours in the Field Learning HANDS ON. I have donated Money to these Forums, I have spent several Hundred Dollars out of my own Pocket helping Random Strangers on these Forums, Sending them My Custom Bullets, Wads, Home Made Bullet Lube, Etc. To try and Help them, i have NEVER asked for ANYTHING in Return, And Yet i am considered a “Boil on the Ass of Society” at least by 1 of the “So called Guru’s on these Forums” AMAZING.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Idaholewis
I just can’t get in to a Competitive Shooting, I have done it over the years, Shotgun (Trap Shooting) and 3D Archery, I Excelled in Both. But to me personally, Competitive Shooting takes the Fun out of Shooting. Back when i did it, I took competitive Shooting VERY SERIOUS and it took the Fun Right out of it to me. The absolute best times i had was on Practice Days, A bunch of us having Fun. There are people that enjoy Competitive Shooting, And People That Don’t, I personally Don’t, But I respect Both Groups.

The same as my Stance on the NMLRA, I have NOTHING in the World against it, I have nothing but respect for folks that are in to it and Donate Toward it, the same as I would hope they have for me that I Don’t. I live nearly 2,500 Miles From Friendship Indiana, That Place might as well be in China to me, I will Likely never see Friendship Indiana in my Lifetime, So what good would i get out of it? I will never use their Range, ANYTHING.

I come on these Forums because I enjoy Muzzleloading, and i truly enjoy helping others, I freely Share ANY, and EVERYTHING i Know on these Forums, Things i have Spent TONS of Hours in the Field Learning HANDS ON. I have donated Money to these Forums, I have spent several Hundred Dollars out of my own Pocket helping Random Strangers on these Forums, Sending them My Custom Bullets, Wads, Home Made Bullet Lube, Etc. To try and Help them, i have NEVER asked for ANYTHING in Return, And Yet i am considered a “Boil on the Ass of Society” at least by 1 of the “So called Guru’s on these Forums” AMAZING.
Where the heck did that come from??
Old 09-06-2019, 04:56 AM
Spike

Awe Lewis, don't look back. I for one thank you and appreciate the help you have given me and others. Many hours are needed to learn the different shooting methods and a lifetime of knowledge can be found here on these forums. If it wasn't for people like you and Dave and others many of us late starters prolly would have given up . , Mike
Old 09-06-2019, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
Where the heck did that come from??
my guess would be personal experience of forum relationships
Old 09-06-2019, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mike Salyards
Awe Lewis, don't look back. I for one thank you and appreciate the help you have given me and others. Many hours are needed to learn the different shooting methods and a lifetime of knowledge can be found here on these forums. If it wasn't for people like you and Dave and others many of us late starters prolly would have given up . , Mike
What Mike said! Many of us are deeply in your debt for sharing your knowledge, videos etc so freely and willingly.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Idaholewis

I agree Lewis. I competed in NRA 3 and 4 position small bore matches and even shot in the 1986 NRA nationals where I placed 42nd. That may not seem like very high but then you have to think of all the shooters that shot the nationals in the country. Then I started shooting metallic silhouette and did pretty good in that too. First match ever because I didn't have a ranking I had to shoot in the Masters class - I took 3rd place. But like you said it gets to be too much of a hassle. You try to be perfect and it just puts too much pressure on you and takes the fun out of shooting. But that's one rifle I regret selling. A Rem 700 in 7-08 BDL with a bull barrel which I had a left hand thumbhole stock made for. That rifle was a true half MOA shooter and several 5 shot groups that were 0.3 MOA.

BTW - it looks like Lee got himself all tied up that sling!!!!!!

Last edited by bronko22000; 09-06-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.