HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   New Bullet Lube (IL Skunk Lube) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/421642-new-bullet-lube-il-skunk-lube.html)

Idaholewis 09-01-2019 09:49 AM

New Bullet Lube (IL Skunk Lube)

ATTENTION!! 1 Skunk WAS Harmed in the making of this Bullet Lube

My wife is on Vacation so i decided to make up some Bullet Lube, I have been wanting to try this for quite sometime but I haven’t had enough “Alone at home” Time to try it, and get everything Cleverly Cleaned up, Opportunity Knocked this Morning so i jumped on it :cool2:

Split straight down the Back Bone from Base of Head to Base of Tail, Skin each side over, Then Trim all the Fat Off. They are FAT this time of Year

The Bounty

I made me a Home made Double Boiler setup. If my wife knew i was using her BRAND NEW Kitchen Range for this Project, I might of been looking for a new Place to Hang my Hat :D This is why Today was the PERFECT Day, She Won’t be Home til Late tonight, The Job is now Done, And Mess Cleaned up :cool2:

Finished Product, Just a Pinch of Beeswax and Lanolin to “Tack it up” From here i will make Slight adjustments, if it’s even needed? This Stuff is SLICK, I like it a BUNCH! I shall test it Soon :cool2:

edmehlig 09-01-2019 10:01 AM

:rolleye0011: If anything the smell my hide your scent from deer while hunting??? LOL Let us know how it works! Who know you may start on a new trend and be able to Market this stuff and put SPG or Nassa Bullet lube out of business?? LOL

edmehlig 09-01-2019 05:00 PM

Just thinking wouldn't a Woodchuck give you as much fat and be just as good and a lot less smelly? :D

1874sharpsshooter 09-01-2019 05:36 PM

looks good and considering you have a never ending parade of skunks you should have lots of FREE lube for a long time to come. You could market it as Pepé Le Pew
bullet and patch lube .guaranteed to be better than Frontier Gander’s lube .

edmehlig 09-01-2019 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter (Post 4360552)
looks good and considering you have a never ending parade of skunks you should have lots of FREE lube for a long time to come. You could market it as Pepé Le Pew
bullet and patch lube .guaranteed to be better than Frontier Gander’s lube .

:happy0001:

1874sharpsshooter 09-01-2019 07:04 PM

Maybe you should also take the scent gland and scent the lube
Then when you shoot a deer you could follow the scent trail. No more lost deer :)

edmehlig 09-02-2019 03:09 AM

Maybe you should also take the scent gland and scent the lube
Then when you shoot a deer you could follow the scent trail. No more lost deer

Great Idea Chet!! :lolabove:

Idaholewis 09-02-2019 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by edmehlig (Post 4360549)
Just thinking wouldn't a Woodchuck give you as much fat and be just as good and a lot less smelly? :D

Nope, ONLY Skunk will do in these 1:20 Twist .45s, You might get away with a Nasty Ole Wood Chuck in a 1:30 Twist? But why chance it Ed?

edmehlig 09-02-2019 03:54 AM

How much per tub? :biggrin:

Mike Salyards 09-02-2019 05:37 AM

Hahahaha, Funny as heck! What is the smoke point of the skunk tallow?