Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
600 Yard Knight Mountaineer .45 Cal 1:20 Twist >

600 Yard Knight Mountaineer .45 Cal 1:20 Twist

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

600 Yard Knight Mountaineer .45 Cal 1:20 Twist

Old 07-31-2019, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default 600 Yard Knight Mountaineer .45 Cal 1:20 Twist

I took my 1:20 Twist .45 Cal Knight Mountaineer for a Stroll this morning, 600 Yard 8” Gong, .444-400 BACO Pure Lead Cupped Base Paper Patch Bullets in front of 70 “Weighed” Grains of Swiss 2F Powder, and my typical Oversize .50 Cal 1/8” Wool Felt Over Powder Wads Between. This Knight Mountaineer GETS WITH IT I’m hoping for 850 Yards my Next outing, Have to wait for people to Clear out of that Area before i can do it.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

Too Bad you had that Flyer! LOL! Great shooting Lew
Old 07-31-2019, 02:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Shoot Dang!
Old 07-31-2019, 04:45 PM
Spike

congrats
Old 07-31-2019, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Nice shooting Lewis. I told you you would like that fast twist Mountaineer. Or are you wishing you had waited for the Paramount? LOL
I’m going to let the wife use my 1:20 ultra light for her cow tag. In October. I might have to try them Bullets out for that
Old 07-31-2019, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
Nice shooting Lewis. I told you you would like that fast twist Mountaineer. Or are you wishing you had waited for the Paramount? LOL
I’m going to let the wife use my 1:20 ultra light for her cow tag. In October. I might have to try them Bullets out for that
LOL! I’m happy with my purchase

You talking about the 350s i sent ya, or these 400 Grain Paper Patch? I remember your Bore Diameter, i could send you a Group of these that will Load PERFECT, all done up to Try if you like? i am CONFIDENT Your Knight Ultra Light will do the EXACT same thing with these PP Bullets as my Mountaineer The Key with these PP Bullets is Size, these .444s are gonna be to Big for most, and I personally don’t like the 2s at all, They are a Different Profile And Don’t shoot NEAR as well

Another thing to remember, BH209 Powder is NO GOOD with these, In fact BH is NO GOOD for ANY of my Stuff. BH209 Would NOT Have Set these Off this Morning, Reliably anyway.

Hey Chet, How Many Minutes (MOA) did i need here? At peak of the “Rainbow”, How high was this Bullet above my Gong?
Old 07-31-2019, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

This is one of my VERY Favorite .45 Greasers, You can try some of these if you like as well?

This is 1 of ALL Time Favorite Custom GG Bullets i had made This Bullet is 390 Grains

Old 07-31-2019, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Idaholewis

LOL! I’m happy with my purchase

You talking about the 350s i sent ya, or these 400 Grain Paper Patch? I remember your Bore Diameter, i could send you a Group of these that will Load PERFECT, all done up to Try if you like? i am CONFIDENT Your Knight Ultra Light will do the EXACT same thing with these PP Bullets as my Mountaineer The Key with these PP Bullets is Size, these .444s are gonna be to Big for most, and I personally don’t like the 2s at all, They are a Different Profile And Don’t shoot NEAR as well

Another thing to remember, BH209 Powder is NO GOOD with these, In fact BH is NO GOOD for ANY of my Stuff. BH209 Would NOT Have Set these Off this Morning, Reliably anyway.

Hey Chet, How Many Minutes (MOA) did i need here? At peak of the “Rainbow”, How high was this Bullet above my Gong?
I have some Swiss I was referring to the ones you shot in the video
oh and my guess is 62 Moa ( 390 inches ) above the gong at peak
if that’s a close guess that’s one heck of a rainbow trajectory

Last edited by 1874sharpsshooter; 07-31-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

Lew what mold is that?
Old 07-31-2019, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

I have some Swiss I was referring to the ones you shot in the video
oh and my guess is 390 inches above the gong at peak
if that’s a close guess that’s one heck of a rainbow trajectory
I KNEW YOU WOULD KNOW!! I looked at my Wife and said “Chet will know this, or he will be REALLY Darn close” I was amazed at how quick you were on MOA Stuff when you were out here on your Bear Hunt.

I had it figured at 31.5 Feet, I didn’t Re check my 100 yard Zero this morning, i just Ran with it. These Little Lead Bombs we’re dropping right in there with some FAIRLY SERIOUS Authority, Enough to Smash them Flat as a Nickel, what was left anyway. If you look in the Video you can See “Spatter” after the Gong Hits on the Right Dirt Bank

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.