Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
The only thing I am working on >

The only thing I am working on

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The only thing I am working on

Old 07-19-2019, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Found em by a Google Search, I wish i could find one of these that someone wanted Rid of, Probably stand a better chance of being Struck by lightning

a Flintlock

Last edited by Idaholewis; 07-19-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I wonder who made that. I would get a couple of them. In in a 15/16 and the other with a 1"
Old 07-19-2019, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only one we have broken was actually an accident. Jacob pushed a patch down the barrel to fire out the oil and it was still loaded. I don't know how that happened. That was scary. That heavy brass range rod busted the stock. Nothing I could do to fix it worked. I pined it and used Accura glass gel in it. I must have glued it 4 or 5 times. The recoil just kept busting it. Jacob missed a dandy buck with that gun and I know it was because the break. I ended up getting a couple replacements. I have one Renegade stock on the shelf and 3 hawken stocks on the shelf. I look at those like a bank account. The price on them won't go down.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

MAN O MAN!! I remember that Ron, You sent me that picture, I showed it to my Dad and asked if he could imagine The Recoil from that? He said NO... swiftly

On Those Laminate Stocks, I don’t know who made them? But I sure wish they were available today, I would DEFINITELY Own at least 2 of them. If you think about it, The Laminate would be AWESOME Stuff in several ways, You are NOT Gonna crack a Laminate Through the Wrist like these Wood Stocks will, That would being going Across the Laminate at the Most durable point. And Laminate is the next best thing to a Synthetic Stock for Weather Resistance, They are VERY VERY Good in Foul nasty Weather, Which is a NIGHTMARE with our Wood, Swelling up, and Shifting.

That guy had 2 of these Stocks, I was all excited when i seen them, i was sure i was gonna talk him out of them But come to find out, they were 2 of his Prize Possessions That was the end of that!
Old 07-20-2019, 02:49 AM
Fork Horn

We can forget about finding these Laminate stocks for our Hawken’s, I did some searching and found this. A guy had emailed TC about a Hawken he had with a Laminate Stock, this was the response he got. If in fact they only made 8 of them, That Slims the chances down of ever Finding one. In this Computer Ran Day n age, and with Boyd’s Laminate Stocks i would think they could EASILY Copy a Hawken, and/or a Renegade Stock quite Easily, there really isn’t much to these things

Good afternoon,
I spoke to you on Friday about your Hawken with the laminated stock. We did make about 8 of them in the 80’s. The stocks were so expensive that they decided not to do the laminated stocks. That is all that the gunsmith knew..I hope this helps somewhat. Have a nice day.

Dianne N.
Customer Service Representative
P: 1-866-730-1614
Ext: 5794
Old 07-20-2019, 06:35 AM
Spike

Hey Lew, have you ever thought about having one custom carved? I know Firearms Finishing in Spokane has a duplicating machine that would get you close .
Old 07-20-2019, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mike Salyards
Hey Lew, have you ever thought about having one custom carved? I know Firearms Finishing in Spokane has a duplicating machine that would get you close .
Thanks Mike! I will look in to that! I wonder what they would Charge for something like this?