Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Where is Ron

Old 07-08-2019, 07:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Where is Ron

Does anyone know where IdahoRon is? Seems like he's not been on here in quite a while. I've gotten some good info from him through the years I've been on here. I pray he's OK
Old 07-08-2019, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Does anyone know where IdahoRon is? Seems like he's not been on here in quite a while. I've gotten some good info from him through the years I've been on here. I pray he's OK
He's been posting pretty regularly in the airgun subforum I believe. He's shot over 600 Chucks this summer in his most recent post, including some fatties

-Jake
Old 07-11-2019, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am here!! Thanks for looking for me. I was involved in a industrial accident this January. I fell off a ladder, and ended up with a concussion, and two ripped tendons in my ankle. The company I have worked at for 35 years is going bankrupt at the same time. I was having a dang hard time getting workman's comp to help me at all. After 5 months they decided to do a surgery to fix it. It was not fixed, but good news was I have found a new job. I will be starting it as soon as the doctor releases me.
The last 2 years I have been doing animal damage control. I have been shooting a lot of rock chucks with my air rifle and with my CZ 455 varmint 17HMR.
And Bocajnala if correct I have shot 600 this year helping my friends. I drive up to the dens and just wait, I have a lot of time on my hands.

I drop in almost every day to read up on whats going on with muzzleloaders. I have a Muzzleloader Deer tag again and I drew a second choice cow elk tag.
I am really hoping that the ankle will be better and I will get to go hunting this year, and the new Job works out okay.
I really appreciate you checking in on me.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Really Really Good to hear from you! You have been a missing man in the ML section.!

Hate to hear about the accident, but it doesn't seen to have reduced your effectiveness at getting those varmints!

You know the Snake still flows north to Lewiston!
Old 07-11-2019, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks a bunch. I was supposed to do a vacation this year and was planning to do Northern Idaho. This ankle problem has me staying too close to home. I would love to stop in and see you, and go on up and see what Lewis is up to. I poured up 1400 rounds of bullets this spring and sold most of them. But I haven't shot mine at all. I really wish I had a place to shoot varmints with my ML.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by idahoron
Thanks a bunch. I was supposed to do a vacation this year and was planning to do Northern Idaho. This ankle problem has me staying too close to home. I would love to stop in and see you, and go on up and see what Lewis is up to. I poured up 1400 rounds of bullets this spring and sold most of them. But I haven't shot mine at all. I really wish I had a place to shoot varmints with my ML.
Come on up Ron, Jax and I would love to see ya again. You are always welcome here!

That Cast hasn’t slowed your Trigger Finger down any Some of them Darn things are HUGE!! We have them little Ground Squirrel things like we seen at the Campground at Priest Lake? Those are ALL over these Mountain Rds right now. Especially the Older rds That aren’t travelled much, Up where i Missed that Nice Buck with 2 Different Rifles That Spot! A guy could sit in that old Rd up there and Shoot away!
Old 07-11-2019, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know Lewis I really wanted to make that happen. Maybe next year if the new job permits. Those ground squirrels are Columbia ground squirrels.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

This one was 18 pounds.I thought the farmer was going to kiss me for killing this one.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took this girl hunting chucks. She was entered in the local chuck hunting derby.

The big one on the right was one that I had been watching for about a month. I knew he was big but I didn't know how big. She shot him in the head and he weighed 16 pounds.

She she 15 chucks that day 10 with my air rifle and the rest with the 17HMR.
She won 3rd overall even against the adults. And I know she did it her self. She was pretty excited.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Glad to see you back. I like those pic of all those chucks. The only one is the one where you had the chuck on the scale.. I'm sure he didn't mind but where you hung him from made me wince a bit....LOL.
Missed you and happy you're doing OK, accident and surgery excepted. Get well soon and get that Hot Rod Hawken out bust a couple more mulies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.