Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Pedersoli “Traditional Hawken Hunter” Fast Twist >

Pedersoli “Traditional Hawken Hunter” Fast Twist

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Pedersoli “Traditional Hawken Hunter” Fast Twist

Old 05-28-2019, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Pedersoli “Traditional Hawken Hunter” Fast Twist

This was a Brand New Unfired Rifle i traded a Forum member for. It is What Pedersoli Calls a “Traditional Hawken Hunter” it sports a 1:24 Fast Twist Barrel for shooting Bullets
Anyone That Knows me, knows that my Love is with Big Lead Bullets and Sidelock Muzzleloaders, Since Green Mountain no longer Makes their Line of LRH (Long Range Hunter) Drop in Barrels there just isn’t many Options available these Days for us Sidelock Guy’s, Lyman Makes their GP in a “Hunter” Model in .50 and .54 Cal which is 1:32 Twist, I own Their .54 Cal and Like it (After a few Modifications) But other than Lyman, there just isn’t much out there for Current Production Fast Twist Bullet Shooting Sidelock Muzzleloaders.
I have been looking at this Particular Pedersoli Hawken Hunter Model and wanting to try 1 for 2-3 years now, The Chance finally came! All and all I am VERY impressed with the Rifle, as i say in The Video it is a NO FRILLS Hunting Rifle!! This is by NO MEANS Pedersoli’s High Grade stuff. But it is a Very well Made, SOLID Rifle. So far I like this Pedersoli Better than my Lyman Great Plains Hunter, The Lyman is a more “Traditional” Rifle in Looks.

Here is a Picture of the Gun, This is from Pedersoli’s Site, But is EXACTLY what my New Rifle looks like.
Attached Thumbnails -y0d5mic.jpg  
Old 05-28-2019, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

If it shoots as good as it looks, you'll have a keeper.
-Jake
Old 05-28-2019, 05:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not a bad looking rifle 54. But you know you do have another option for your sidelocks. You can have Bob Hoyt rebore and rifle a barrel for you. You can even send him a barrel with a rusted bore and have him bore it out and reline it to the rifling of your choice. And another option is to have him make an entire barrel from scratch. I had a .58 flintlock barrel made by him and boy can that thing shoot. Its right up there with my GM barrel if not better.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

I tried Linking a Video of shooting the Rifle when i started this thread but I couldn’t figure it out?

Try again

Old 05-29-2019, 04:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

54 that's nice shooting regardless of the sights but especially with a ghost ring. Looks like you got a real shooter on your hands. BTW what bullets are you shooting. If you go with the fiber optic sight try to get a green one. As you get older and the eyes start to fail the red FO begins to appear as a double image. Pedersoli makes a nice globe sight also with interchangeable inserts.

Last edited by bronko22000; 05-29-2019 at 04:38 AM.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

The guy that was willing to give that up must be a real idiot
or a just a plain nice guy . One of the two
Old 06-01-2019, 07:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
See I know it is the line in RED!
Old 06-02-2019, 05:26 AM
Fork Horn

Definately a nice guy, and now a Good Friend of mine!! I sure enjoyed having you out here Chet, Getting to Shoot with you and your Son was a Big “HIGHLIGHT” To me. And to top it off we got to meet up with Mike (Sabotloader) and Pick up a Shiny New Rifle, Rush straight home and get it Scoped/Swabbed, and then out to get it dirty, Doesn’t get any better than That! That New U Lite is FLAT OUT AMAZING!!!

Chet, if you end up wanting some of these 350 Grain Conicals we put through your New U Lite i will send you some, That Rifle liked them a BUNCH! I have several Bullets that i am Confident would shoot STELLAR in that Gun, But we know for a FACT this one does
Old 06-02-2019, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 54bore

Definately a nice guy, and now a Good Friend of mine!! I sure enjoyed having you out here Chet, Getting to Shoot with you and your Son was a Big “HIGHLIGHT” To me. And to top it off we got to meet up with Mike (Sabotloader) and Pick up a Shiny New Rifle, Rush straight home and get it Scoped/Swabbed, and then out to get it dirty, Doesn’t get any better than That! That New U Lite is FLAT OUT AMAZING!!!

Chet, if you end up wanting some of these 350 Grain Conicals we put through your New U Lite i will send you some, That Rifle liked them a BUNCH! I have several Bullets that i am Confident would shoot STELLAR in that Gun, But we know for a FACT this one does
thanks. I might take you up on that offer . Those bullets were extremely accurate . Be a great deer load .
Hey, I figured out why you shot so good and I only shot OK.
Its because you were at home and I wasn’t
Old 06-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Hey, I figured out why you shot so good and I only shot OK.
Its because you were at home and I wasn’t
Oh yeah i forgot, It’s a lot easier at home..., That’s the reason i wanted you to Come here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.