HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Black Powder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder-23/)
-   -   Fatal error (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/black-powder/420681-fatal-error.html)

bronko22000 04-04-2019 01:43 PM

Fatal error

One of our fellow members sent me an email about the statistical difference in accidental deaths by Physicians vs Gun Owners. The numbers listed state that you are 9000 times more likely to suffer accidental death by a doctor than a gun. It also went on to say that everyone has a doctor but not everyone owns a gun. My wife and I were discussing this over dinner and I told her the report says they are 700,000 doctors in the US and 80,000,000 gun owners. I said that the gun owner number probably isn't correct and more likely 80,000,000 guns. To which she replied yea, how many do you have - 30 or 40? I said yes, something like that. She then responded with "and you always complain about me buying clothes."
My response was, which was the fatal error when my mouth was in gear before my brain was engaged, "Yes I do because I can still fit into the guns I bought 25 or 30 years ago!"
You that have been married a while know the look and the deadly silence that follows something like that....

smokepolehall 04-04-2019 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by bronko22000 (Post 4354273)
One of our fellow members sent me an email about the statistical difference in accidental deaths by Physicians vs Gun Owners. The numbers listed state that you are 9000 times more likely to suffer accidental death by a doctor than a gun. It also went on to say that everyone has a doctor but not everyone owns a gun. My wife and I were discussing this over dinner and I told her the report says they are 700,000 doctors in the US and 80,000,000 gun owners. I said that the gun owner number probably isn't correct and more likely 80,000,000 guns. To which she replied yea, how many do you have - 30 or 40? I said yes, something like that. She then responded with "and you always complain about me buying clothes."
My response was, which was the fatal error when my mouth was in gear before my brain was engaged, "Yes I do because I can still fit into the guns I bought 25 or 30 years ago!"
You that have been married a while know the look and the deadly silence that follows something like that....

I will let you know once the swelling goes down in my left eye :)

Semisane 04-04-2019 06:17 PM

:s2: Coulda been worse Bronko. You could have said something like "yeah, but the butt of my guns look the same as they did the day I bought them".

bronko22000 04-04-2019 07:26 PM

If I'd have said that I would likely Benn walking home from the restaurant

sconnyhunter 04-04-2019 07:49 PM

If a woman tells a man that he is Right. Is he still WRONG.
The correct answer is YES. He's still wrong.:hit:

Your correct answer should have been, "and you look beautiful as always". Never deviate from that response. EVER.

hunters_life 04-04-2019 07:49 PM

Yeah right, like you would have been able to walk.

bronko22000 04-05-2019 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by hunters_life (Post 4354319)

My wife may be petite (she only comes up to my chin) but what she lacks in height she makes up in tenacity. And when she gets really PO'd she can cuss with the best of the sailors. But in our almost 50 years together I only felt her full wrath twice...not too bad for a character like me! Good thing I never got her her own gun.

CalHunter 04-05-2019 08:46 AM

Yup, we know the look. Most guys after a few years of marriage realize that some things are just better left unsaid. Sort of a win the battle but lose the war approach. Women tend to have long memories so it's best to give them less ammo (no pun intended). :biggrin:

hunters_life 04-05-2019 12:10 PM

I guess I'm way to much like the old man. If you don't want to hear an honest answer, don't ask me the question. Such as "do these jeans make my butt look big?" "No dear your butt does that all by itself" Needless to say, me and the couch were very close friends for a few days after that one. The old man could have warned me as to the consequences of that particular answer since he had said pretty much the same thing to mom once. Notice I said once.

sconnyhunter 04-05-2019 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by hunters_life (Post 4354319)

After 17 years of training (marriage) I still speak without thinking. . But I'm learning. sort of.