Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
revamped T/C 7194 tang sight >

revamped T/C 7194 tang sight

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

revamped T/C 7194 tang sight

Old 01-02-2019, 05:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default revamped T/C 7194 tang sight

Who remembers these sights? Let me know if you're interested in a very similar model. I am in the process of dealing with a precision machine shop to have them made. but instead of steel mine will be made from aircraft aluminum (body) and have a black anodized finish.All screws will still be steel. If you think you'd be interested let me know and also what you think a fair price would be.
I'm also thinking of a kit which would include 2 apertures, 1 for hunting and a smaller another finer one for target shooting. Also for those that do not have a 3 hole tang and do not wish to drill and tap another hole in their tang, I'm thinking of a base to attach to the tang using 2 slightly longer wood screws to replace the factory tang screws and two tapped 8-32 holes to fasten the sight to with accompanying 8-32 screws. Bases would come in two sizes. One for the Hawken, Renegade, etc and another for the Seneca and Cherokee. Possibly even another for the Lyman Plains and Trade rifles as well as the CVA Hawkens.
Only I would have to get my hands on these tangs for a pattern.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:30 AM
Spike

I might be interested. At one time I was looking at trying to find s shorter vernier sight but never could find one. I did install a Lyman peep. I like it but it's kind if bulky. If this type works as far as elevation adjustment with the original front sight to be able to get out to 125 yds would be good. I'm shooting 440 gr lead conicals. Price??? Seen one on Ebay, bud was at 96. Lyman was 100 or 125.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

A guy could make some decent money if he built the one for the TC Seneca/Cherokee 7196 I believe is the number? Maybe 97? I have 2 of them for my .36 Seneca’s and feel fortunate about it. The one for the Seneca/Cherokee is the Rarest of them, SUPER Hard to find, and they bring a premium if you do find one, I watched out for them for about 3 years, in that time I have only seen 2-3 of them, and they sold for 200-250 Bucks.

I much prefer my Lyman’s And Williams for their Field Adjustability, The TC Peeps are a Sleeker Fit, And work just fine for the Guy that wants to Zero at a Certain yardage and Lock the Sight Down, The TC Peeps are not Field adjustable
Old 01-03-2019, 05:57 AM
Fork Horn

7194 Hawken, Renegade, Big Boar, White Mountain Carbine, and Pennsylvania Hunter
7196 Seneca and Cherokee
7197 New Englander, Greyhawk, TreeHawk

Last edited by Idaholewis; 01-03-2019 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not really sure about the Seneca and Cherokee. But I don't see a problem with using the 7194 on one. You likely could still attach it using the top tang screw and drill and tap the tang for the rear hole. Only thing is the base of the sight might be a bit wider then the tang itself. You would have to do that anyway if you have a newer Hawken or Rene because they stopped putting a 3rd hole in the tang.
I'd really like to know what the difference is between the 7196 and 7194

Last edited by bronko22000; 01-05-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

My renegade has one of those. I can't believe how much they sell for now.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
My renegade has one of those. I can't believe how much they sell for now.

The prices they can bring are ridiculous! Especially for what they are, Don’t get me wrong they work just fine for their intended purpose, But their is nothing fancy about them Whatsoever, They are on the Crude Rough side, They are intended to be sighted in at a Chosen yardage and then Locked down, Unlike the Field adjustability of the Lyman and Williams. The Lyman 57SML, And Williams FP Hawken are FAR AND AWAY Superior Tang Mounted Peeps to the TC’s, The TC Tang Mounted Peeps are Collectors items these days, hence why they bring the Prices they do. The old Saying, The best way to Drive the price of an item up, is to STOP Making it. That REALLY holds true in this Case!!

Last edited by Idaholewis; 01-06-2019 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I'm not really sure about the Seneca and Cherokee. But I don't see a problem with using the 7194 on one. You likely could still attach it using the top tang screw and drill and tap the tang for the rear hole. Only thing is the base of the sight might be a bit wider then the tang itself. You would have to do that anyway if you have a newer Hawken or Rene because they stopped putting a 3rd hole in the tang.
I'd really like to know what the difference is between the 7196 and 7194
The 7196 is Scaled down quite a bit, Very narrow at the Tang, The Seneca/Cherokee rifles have a really narrow Tang. Everything about the Seneca and Cherokee Rifles are Scaled down, Basically Scaled down Versions of the TC Hawken (Seneca) And Renegade (Cherokee) The 7196 Mounts in the Front Tang hole of the Seneca, unlike all other TC’s that use the Rear Tang Hole

this is 1 of my .36 Cal Seneca’s

Attached Thumbnails revamped T/C 7194 tang sight-fb41f753-9fed-4ee3-9dbe-95cccdf3096a.jpeg   revamped T/C 7194 tang sight-91aec5a5-045f-4cb4-8b22-228b0c717e9e.jpeg   revamped T/C 7194 tang sight-c70fc892-3523-4328-a924-be2cc14dc03c.jpeg  
Old 01-16-2019, 05:27 PM
Spike

I would be interested.I'm in need of a couple of them for my Cherokee and Seneca.If you kept the price in the $75.00 range I think you would sell a bunch of them.Seems to be a demand for them but they hardly come up for sale.If you do find one they are selling for a premium price.Last one i saw went for $225.00 and that was a couple of years ago.More than I paid for either gun.If you decide to have them made please let me know.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by tur71
I would be interested.I'm in need of a couple of them for my Cherokee and Seneca.If you kept the price in the $75.00 range I think you would sell a bunch of them.Seems to be a demand for them but they hardly come up for sale.If you do find one they are selling for a premium price.Last one i saw went for $225.00 and that was a couple of years ago.More than I paid for either gun.If you decide to have them made please let me know.
There are actually a LOT of people in need/want of them for the Seneca/Cherokee, My guess is TC made Very FEW of them for these Little Guns? If they had of made very many, You would see more of them turn up. Like the 7194 for instance for the Hawken/Renegade, i have seen a LOT of those over the Years. But In 3 years of Looking (daily routine), i have only seen 3 of them listed for sale for the Seneca/Cherokee, and I ended up buying 1 of them. And my other .36 Seneca Came with one already on it. Like i said, i Feel Fortune to Have the 2 that i have!

How about it Bronko, Did the Machinest Guy get any of these 7194s made up yet? I am in need of 1 of them! I have an Old CVA Mountain Rifle that i am trying to figure out a Good Peep Sight for? I have looked at EVERY plausible option, The TC 7194 Is what i have decided i want. I even looked at Stealing 1 of my Seneca’s, But they are just WAY to Scaled Down, The 1 Tang Screw in this CVA is Wider than the Entire Base of the Seneca Peep, and I’m not gonna Chop/Butcher this up. I would REALLY like to find a 7194, one of them will work Perfect on this Gun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.