Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
T.C. renegade problems >

T.C. renegade problems

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

T.C. renegade problems

Old 09-26-2018, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

Mike, I do remember that BH209 deal! I stil have 1 Can of it, Did you end up getting the 9 of them in Lewiston? I remember you got the ones in Coeur d'Alene. The most recent deal was CCi Caps, They were closing them out here??? 2.00 a 100 for Standard no. 11, or the Magnums. I have 4,000 on hand, But i would have bought every single Cap they had if i had known in time.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Man I've been using Goex since the early 1970s and never had any problems with it. I still use it today and have several lbs. of both FFg and FFFg. I've also had good luck with Pyro RS and P out of my caplocks and my inline. Lately though in my inline I am using Alliant Black MZ. I have about 7 bottles of the stuff that I picked up in SC at Sportsman's Warehouse for $9 a lb. The only drawback I've found with it is that it likes to clump up. But that doesn't seem to effect it once you break them up.
About 20 years ago a pawn shop near me had a huge pile of black powder. Said they had it "forever" and wanted to get rid of it, I made them and offer and bought it all. I think it was about 30 cans. I've been shooting that stuff ever since. Never had the slightest problem from any of it, ALL GOEX FF AND FFF.

I'm using CCI caps I bought thousands, a life time worth, before Obama took office. Nothing special just regular old caps. Never had the slightest problem with any of them.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:49 AM
Spike

New to the forum, but I have two Renegades and never a problem with them. Cleaning is hot soapy water, then a good hot rinse. Dry patches until I'm satisfied and a light coat of oil. Then 24 hours before I 'm going to use the gun I take it out and store it barrel down on a paper for any oil that has pooled at the bottom. Run a clean dry patch down the barrel once again. Take the gun outside and put a fresh load in it. Pull the nipple and put a small charge of 4F behind it. Replace the nipple. (incidentally I also put fresh nipples on after the cleaning). Once I get to the field I put my CCI cap on and I'm ready. Gun goes off first time every time and every time after too.