Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
New Thor bullets with CVA Accura? ? >

New Thor bullets with CVA Accura? ?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New Thor bullets with CVA Accura? ?

Old 04-26-2018, 09:53 AM
Spike

Default New Thor bullets with CVA Accura? ?

Anyone try these new one size fit all Thor bullets?
They state the bullets are .503. I understand the land to land on the CVA'S are. 499. I don't see these fitting without a lot of force. I heard they are good bullets for elk. Anyone know anything?
Old 04-26-2018, 10:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by longbowelk
Anyone try these new one size fit all Thor bullets?
They state the bullets are .503. I understand the land to land on the CVA'S are. 499. I don't see these fitting without a lot of force. I heard they are good bullets for elk. Anyone know anything?
Thor has sizing kits you should get before you buy a supply of bullets.

Follow this link

https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/thor-...zing-pack.html
Old 04-26-2018, 12:11 PM
Banned

They fit beautifully. .503 yes, and they don't take much force to load even in my hawken with a .499" bullet.

You dont need a sizing sample for the one size fits all thor bullet.

try www.muzzle-loaders.com they are buying out most of the bullets from thor and stocking them.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

Funny, you posted the same site link as Sabot Loader and it is that same site that recommends buying the size pack first. And as it says on that site, most muzzleloaders vary between .001 to as much as .004 and with brass or copper solids that will make for a very difficult load with one .002 over what you have. So unless the original poster has an adjustable sizing die or one that matches his bore, I too would recommend the sample size pack first.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:50 PM
Banned

shakes head..... When you boys just listen and be quiet?

ONE SIZE FITS ALL
Thor.

Its not the original bullet where you needed the sizing sample before ordering.

The one size fits all thor is .503-504 diameter and shrinks down to the proper size as you start it into the bore.

Original thor one the left.. One size fits all on the right

And no, the slits do not harm the FPS any. 1,801 FPS tested in a 24" cva wolf & 100 grains Blackhorn209 with the 300gr one size fits all thor.

You are welcome.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:40 PM
Spike

Thanks guys...the picture of the new Thor shows the flare way out(.503) I can see it shouldn't take much effort to get it in the bore.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I tried the fits all Thor and had to pound them in. If your bore is .500 and the Thor is .503 it's not hard to figure out how they're going to load. Those slits don't work as good as you think.

It's better to get the sizing kit and get the right size bullet for your bore. I can load those with my thumb.

The fits all bullets are a good idea, but if you have a tight bore you won't like them.

That was my experience with the fits all bullets. I sent them back.

I find it easier to hunt the rifle seasons. I can use Barnes sabots for rifle seasons.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:06 AM
Banned

Nothing ever works for you pete
Old 04-27-2018, 08:09 AM
Banned

Old 04-27-2018, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

That gun had a big bore. You easily pushed it in with finger pressure. I smacked mine as hard as possible with a ball starter and all it did was put some small rifling marks on the edge of the Thor. No way to get that bullet to load.

It has to be bigger than .503? It would be loose in a .503 bore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.