Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Outstanding news

Old 04-17-2018, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Outstanding news

For those with Remington Ultimate rifles, Arrowhead Sporting Goods has designed and just came out today with a replacement breech plug. The BP uses modules.

THE RUM IS NOT SMOKELESS RATED. NEVER USE SMOKELESS PROPELLANT IN EITHER A RUM OR UF RIFLE. DO NOT CONFUSE THIS.

This new BP will completely fix some of the existing head space issues, plus it eliminates the gas cutting of the nipples when using BH209, as there is no more nipple to gas cut. This is a game changer for RUM rifles!

Further design is necessary for UF rifles, which will be coming next.

http://arrowheadsporting.com/asggen2_uml.html

https://www.facebook.com/arrowheadsport ... =3&theater
Old 04-17-2018, 02:26 PM
Banned

Extra $115 on top of a $900 rifle? eeeouch!
Old 04-17-2018, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
Extra $115 on top of a $900 rifle? eeeouch!
The RUM is way down in price, with many just over $600 if you look around. But with the new plug installed, its game on, including long distance. BH209 capable.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Beats the heck out of a imported Spanish sidelock at around $500 or more. Whats that new one cost they had at the last big show?...Close to $900? Over $1100 MSRP

Ive seen plenty of RUMs for around $750 NIB. Around $700 at Buds and $636 at GrabAGun.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 04-17-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:49 PM
Banned

+ $75 for installation which means more $$ for shipping to and from.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
+ $75 for installation which means more $$ for shipping to and from.
Jon, you really should stay up in the primitive section. Nothing requires you to purchase an American made modern inline, nor does it mean you have to spend any money for American made products.

This new American designed and made product is a game changer for those who prefer and own these rifles, regardless if the cost is out of your price range. It will benefit them, sorry it doesn't benefit you.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
Jon, you really should stay up in the primitive section...................
It is not your place to make comments like that is it?? We all have just as much a right to our opinion as you do, don't we?

My opinion differs from yours. How will you go about attacking me? I do buy American. I am a modern muzzle loader shooter.

In my opinion, the rifle is too long, and too heavy. I am not interested in the rifle in the least. That is my opinion. My hunting rifle is American made. My hunting rifle cost me more money than i would have liked. My Mountaineer UltraLight rifle is a way lighter, and shorter, and i like it.

By the way, i am using the factory breech plug, and it will last me for a good long long long time. It uses shotgun primers, not the rifle primers. Does that make my rifle bad; i think not. Just my opinion is all. Just my opinion........

_
Old 04-18-2018, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
It is not your place to make comments like that is it?? We all have just as much a right to our opinion as you do, don't we?
My opinion differs from yours. How will you go about attacking me? I do buy American. I am a modern muzzle loader shooter.
In my opinion, the rifle is too long, and too heavy. I am not interested in the rifle in the least. That is my opinion. My hunting rifle is American made. My hunting rifle cost me more money than i would have liked. My Mountaineer UltraLight rifle is a way lighter, and shorter, and i like it.By the way, i am using the factory breech plug, and it will last me for a good long long long time. It uses shotgun primers, not the rifle primers. Does that make my rifle bad; i think not. Just my opinion is all. Just my opinion........
_
So..... I give my opinion and response, and you're "attacking" my right to my opinion?

Ron, if that's what you call "attacking", its a pitiful response. I also notice that your response wasn't directed ("attacking") the cost of a new product that will benefit many.

You're right, our opinions do differ, greatly. I have no issue with that.

Your Knight is a fine American made rifle for what its designed to do. However IIRC, haven't you had to modify, correct or change your BP, with vent liners and "O" rings and use only a single primer to keep blowback at a minimum?

Its ok that you don't like a heavier rifle, longer rifle, and extended range rifle, or rifle that is different.

However, thanks for not coming out complaining about the price of a new quality product, that without question, is going to be a huge game changer for owners of these rifles.

My bet is though, that if Knight came out with a new product that benefited and made it a game changer for Knight rifles, you'd be the first person to throw praise, yet the first to take exception to anyone bashing it.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Remington ML was ahead of its time many years ago. But they have done nothing in the last 5 years to make it a more modern Inline. The Knight Mountaineer and Ultralite are way more advanced in all aspects. Glad to see Luke is helping make it a more practical Inline for those that own one. Most people if not all, know that pellets are about the worst/inconsistent propellant on the market.

Not sure what the warranty is on these guns, but obviously don’t send it back with the modified breech plug in it to be safe.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Grouse45
The Remington ML was ahead of its time many years ago. But they have done nothing in the last 5 years to make it a more modern Inline. The Knight Mountaineer and Ultralite are way more advanced in all aspects. Glad to see Luke is helping make it a more practical Inline for those that own one. Most people if not all, know that pellets are about the worst/inconsistent propellant on the market.

Not sure what the warranty is on these guns, but obviously don’t send it back with the modified breech plug in it to be safe.
I may be misunderstanding, but are you getting the Remington ML confused with the Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader (RUM)??
I don't think the RUM has been out yet to the public for 5 years.

You're right, Luke has done an outstanding job of helping out the RUM owners and yes, one would not want to send one back with modified breech plug installed.
Short of a few really bad barrels that got out when it was introduced, the actual only real returns to Remington was because of gas cut, or improperly head spaced rifles.
With Luke's plug, its a one time change and problems are resolved.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.