Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What is Brand Bashing? >

What is Brand Bashing?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What is Brand Bashing?

Old 01-09-2018, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Actually I don't care one way or the other about CVA rifles, I just think after the same crap keeps being brought up by a poster time and time again because he doesn't like the answers he got he keeps repeating the same old crap it is time to stop. I think he should be smart and adult enough to let it go, because he is sounding more and more like a petulant child that wants what he wants and wants it now. What is going on now is brand "shilling".
I am going to take a chance and say you are bashing me. You people keep talking about the same crap being brought up, and my questions have been answered many times. Specifically what is the same crap I am bring up, here is your chance, I have only had one question since you hijacked this thread. Only one person thought to truthfully answer it, I respect him for it. He has a reason for what he does, can I say the same for you? Belittling me Is not going to gain you any great authority or ground related to this. Besides you are in my thread, not otherwise. If you don't want me to post anymore, you stop bashing and ridiculing, as I said this is my thread.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by lemoyne
This is beyond ridiculous.
Your giving him the exposure he wants by arguing with him I suggest we do not read his posts and never answer them.
If you are talking about me, you would probably be doing me a favor, If your argument is with CVA and you don't want to comment on my last question you can take it to another thread. You will probably be happier. There was no reason for your post in this thread. If you want to cut me out of the fold and not answer any of my posts, and develop a following among your friends. if that is how you handle things, I am a big boy I would be able to handle it. I don't think anyone would truly gain from it, but you do what you got to do!
Old 01-09-2018, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

The "original" question was what is brand bashing. That question has been answered publicly by at least 2 mods and several members. The 2nd poster in the topic provided an answer of sorts and also a brand example--CVA. That opened the floodgates for many members' experiences and opinions of CVA, thus providing many examples of both positive and negative opinions of CVA BP rifles based largely on personal experiences and arguably, the difference between bashing versus offering negative personal experiences.

Posting your personal experience is allowed. It gives other members a context to evaluate a purchase or even help explain something they are experiencing with the same product/brand. And it's a large part of why this forum exists.

From what I've read so far (I have not read all 10 pages completely yet), both the OP's question on brand bashing and issues with CVA have been covered extensively. I think any reasonable person can now make an educated decision about CVA rifles. If not, there are plenty of members listed in this topic whom they can contact by PM with more specific questions as needed.

In my humble mod opinion (IMHMO), this topic has run its' course and the last few pages are getting into rules violation territory. Any further violations will result in a locked topic and offending members receiving temp bans. As always, if you have a mod question, send me a PM and I will answer and discuss it to the best of my ability. Please do not debate mod decisions within the forum as that is also a rules violation.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lock Her Up!
Lock Her Up!
Lock Her Up!
Old 01-11-2018, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
Lock Her Up!
Lock Her Up!
Lock Her Up!
I better get one more “ CVA Sucks” plug in just in case .

In my humble opinion that is
Old 01-11-2018, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
I better get one more “ CVA Sucks” plug in just in case .

In my humble opinion that is
LOL

Well I guess I sorta was brand bashing... sorry I should have known better

#MAGA
Old 01-12-2018, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

We can only hope.