Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What is Brand Bashing? >

What is Brand Bashing?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What is Brand Bashing?

Old 01-08-2018, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
More nonsense : but you keep telling yourself that . You sound like a poster child for marketing brain washing
Tell a lie loud enough and long enough and people will believe it
Worked for Hitler , works for CVA
Uh,oh. Looks like you need to work on your game:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

If you don't care for CVA's that's cool, but you shouldn't let a simple internet discussion turn you in to that guy.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by d.winsor
I don’t think I am reading this wrong, there are still people bashing CVA, in a thread called “What is Brand Bashing”.
One thing I have not heard of is where all this hate comes from. It does not seem normal. The biggest thing I have heard is “it is a proven fact!” when nothing has been proven at all, just general statements. Whenever it comes to discussing some point of why CVA is better or not, there is always a change of the subject being discussed at the time.
So, I would really like to hear from you CVA haters, “What is your personal experience for hating CVA”. Was it a purchase that went wrong? Maybe a model of gun you felt cheated with. Or a Warranty that was not honored or Bad service!
Waiting paitiently.
It was a gun that was bad and when I contacted CVA they treated my badly , wouldn’t do anything . I got rid of all CVAs and haven’t liked them every since
If they had done something maybe my attitude would be different . I been shooting muzzleloaders for 45 years and don’t like it when some one who answers a phone for customer service treats me like I am just ignorant and I ended up stuck with a bad gun. So that’s why . For a few years I often thought that if they apologized and replaced the gun then I wouldn’t say anything bad but that obviously didn’t happen so I will take every opportunity to share how I feel about CVA
The gun was a 45 cal Kodiak. ( omega copycat)
Old 01-08-2018, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IAhuntr
Yeah, that's why CVA is the market leader, because they're crappy.

Yes, I will keep plugging my crappy CVA,...with bullets. And I'll be enjoying it as it keeps punching the x-ring at 100 yards. Crappy good times.

You might not have noticed but CVA has gotten much better while other brands have fallen off in recent years.
Any idea why the easiest way to get a TC to shoot better is to throw a Begara barrel on it?
LOL......... something to do I guess.....

CVA is the market leader because they've flooded the market with cheaply priced and lower quality muzzleloaders. Not saying that they won't shoot, because they will, to a point. It doesn't even take common sense to know, low priced items will never have the highest quality parts.
However, punching the x-ring at 100yds is a chip shot, easily completed by just about any modern inline made today, with the right shooter on the trigger.
The last TC and all previous Encore platform rifles I owned, which were many, ALL shot less than moa with the factory barrel at 200yds.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by IAhuntr
Uh,oh. Looks like you need to work on your game:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

If you don't care for CVA's that's cool, but you shouldn't let a simple internet discussion turn you in to that guy.
I will accept that designation gladly
I stand by what I said
Old 01-08-2018, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

I don’t think I am reading this wrong, there are still people bashing CVA, in a thread called “What is Brand Bashing”.
One thing I have not heard of is where all this hate comes from. It does not seem normal. The biggest thing I have heard is “it is a proven fact!” when nothing has been proven at all, just general statements. Whenever it comes to discussing some point of why CVA is better or not, there is always a change of the subject being discussed at the time.
So, I would really like to hear from you CVA haters, “What is your personal experience for hating CVA”. Was it a purchase that went wrong? Maybe a model of gun you felt cheated with. Or a Warranty that was not honored or Bad service!
Waiting paitiently.
Not a hater, but my guess it's either:

A) CVA released some products with a poorly designed barrel about 20 years ago, which was very serious mistake but has since been remedied, yet the CVA haters are latching onto that issue like a life preserver just for the sake of some sort of argument.

or
B) They hate the fact that a very competitively priced rifle shoots so good, cleans up so easily, and is leaving their favorite brand in the rearview mirror as far as market share and customer satisfaction goes.

Likely a bit of both.

Last edited by IAhuntr; 01-08-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

It was a gun that was bad and when I contacted CVA they treated my badly , wouldn’t do anything . I got rid of all CVAs and haven’t liked them every since
If they had done something maybe my attitude would be different . I been shooting muzzleloaders for 45 years and don’t like it when some one who answers a phone for customer service treats me like I am just ignorant and I ended up stuck with a bad gun. So that’s why . For a few years I often thought that if they apologized and replaced the gun then I wouldn’t say anything bad but that obviously didn’t happen so I will take every opportunity to share how I feel about CVA
The gun was a 45 cal Kodiak. ( omega copycat)
Was that the old CVA or the New CVA Manufacturer?
Old 01-08-2018, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict

CVA is the market leader because they've flooded the market with cheaply priced and lower quality muzzleloaders. Not saying that they won't shoot, because they will, to a point. It doesn't even take common sense to know, low priced items will never have the highest quality parts.
However, punching the x-ring at 100yds is a chip shot, easily completed by just about any modern inline made today, with the right shooter on the trigger.
The last TC and all previous Encore platform rifles I owned, which were many, ALL shot less than moa with the factory barrel at 200yds.
So you have never had any personal experience related to CVA that would justify your hating them! Does something always have to have high priced parts to be a quality item?
Old 01-08-2018, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Was that the old CVA or the New CVA Manufacturer?
New. ...........
Old 01-08-2018, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict

Agree with most all of that. CVA just happens to do it just as well and more affordably than most. No harm in that is there?

As far as your low quality statement, I disagree there. My Nitride-coated Bergara made barrel is guaranteed against rust pitting for the life of the gun. Any of their competitors stand behind their product the same?

As I stated earlier, my needs are to accurately and reliably shoot at a target at 250 yards or less, and have the least issues with cleaning, loading, corrosion, while having minimal weight to haul around the woods. CVA checked all those boxes.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

New. ...........
I can not say I don't know exactly how you feel, with myself just going thru the knight thing. I know I will carry a grudge for many years myself.

Since there will be no justice for me from knight the only thing I can do is move on. Like you with CVA, I will not purchase another one as long as I live, But I am not going to let them control how I live my life, I don't want to be angry all the time. There is nothing I can do about it but give my recommendations where appropriate. That I will do. You should also. Have a good day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.