Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What is Brand Bashing? >

What is Brand Bashing?

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What is Brand Bashing?

Old 01-07-2018, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just showed you the brands OWNED by Dikar S Coop.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-rifle-market/
Bergara is owned by Dikar S. Coop
BPI is owned by Dikar S. Coop
CVA is owned by Dikar S. Coop

Dikar invested heavily in state-of-the-art CNC barrel machinery and hired legendary barrelmaker Ed Shilen to consult. What ensued was a computerized, repeatable system of milling, drilling, honing and rifling—i.e. barrel production. (McGarity credits its triple honing process as key to Bergara barrels’ accuracy.)
Im not sure how much clearer i can make it for you.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Founded in 1980 and with headquarters based in Bergara (Spain), Dikar S. Coop. is a member of MONDRAGON Corporation within the Equipment Division.
The group also includes the affiliates BPI/BPF and the QUAKE in Lawrenceville (Georgia, USA).
Old 01-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
I just showed you the brands OWNED by Dikar S Coop.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-rifle-market/
Bergara is owned by Dikar S. Coop
BPI is owned by Dikar S. Coop
CVA is owned by Dikar S. Coop

Im not sure how much clearer i can make it for you.
Clearer that I already made it? No, you can't. You're attemping to argue a point that was already made and is common internet knowege. Dikar is the Spanish entity. BPI is the U.S. entity. It's a partnership. They both claim ownership of the CVA and Bergara brands. You act like you have some revolutionary info here.

Look at Dikar's website:
http://www.dikar.es/en/#nuestras_marcas
BPI is not listed as a company Dikar owns, is it? No, it's listed as their contact for the U.S. Get it yet?

It has nothing to do with the point of my original post. The barrels today are nothing similar to those that had issues in the late 90's. Period. Any comment on that subject?

Last edited by IAhuntr; 01-07-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its ok to be wrong. You will get over it in time

Beginning in 1971, the Connecticut Valley Arms Co. sold affordable muzzleloaders to deer hunters. In 1999, CVA was purchased by BPI Outdoors and today remains its best-known brand. But that’s likely to change. The company, which is owned by Spanish parent Dikar, is undergoing a sea change in product diversity, manufacturing processes and, indeed, its entire approach to business
Old 01-07-2018, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
Its ok to be wrong. You will get over it in time
Call it Dikar or call it BPI it doesn't really matter. As I stated moments ago, do you have any comment on my original point of current barrel quality or are you just trying to muddy the water with your silly 'parent company' rant? I'll assume the latter.

Last edited by IAhuntr; 01-07-2018 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

As I stated earlier, my problem with CVA stems mainly from theft. Plain and simple. Every single design they have was stolen. CVA hasn't had an original concept since their beginnings. This is a completely provable fact that cannot be denied. I have a problem with foreign companies stealing concepts from American companies then producing cheaply made knockoffs flooding the market. I have an even bigger problem when Americans stand behind them and shill for them. And by the way, do a little research before you jump and you will find the reason Dikar/BPI purchased Bergara. The lawsuits were starting to put a hurt on their bottom line so they had to start putting out better barrels. And they still aren't inspected and proofed to anywhere near US standards.

Last edited by hunters_life; 01-07-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by hunters_life
As I stated earlier, my problem with CVA stems mainly from theft. Plain and simple. Every single design they have was stolen. CVA hasn't had an original concept since their beginnings. This is a completely provable fact that cannot be denied. I have a problem with foreign companies stealing concepts from American companies then producing cheaply made knockoffs flooding the market. I have an even bigger problem when Americans stand behind them and shill for them. And by the way, do a little research before you jump and you will find the reason Dikar/BPI purchased Bergara. The lawsuits were starting to put a hurt on their bottom line so they had to start putting out better barrels. And they still aren't inspected and proofed to anywhere near US standards.
Your "buy American" cause is noble, but impractical. Keep in mind corporations like BPI employ plenty of folks here in the U.S. as well.

Consider every front-wheel drive American car being made today is based on a design "stolen" from Japanese manufacturers back in the 80's. Are you only going to drive a Toyota or Honda? The road you're walking is a two-way street.

The list of "stolen" designs applies to virtually every product made today, and those ideas aren't actually stolen once the patent on them runs out. Binoculars, bows, tree stands, bullets, hunting boots, range finders? Any of these fall under your clause?

How about we check your house out? Cell phones, TV's, computers, tools, light bulbs, lawnmowers, tires, beer, chewing gum...etc. etc.. Are you only going to purchase and use the original design/brand?

Welcome to the 21st century.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

IAhunter, was John Walter Christie, the inventor of the first successful front wheel drive automobile, Japanese? I think not. Was Oldsmobile, the producer of the front wheel drive 1966 Toronato a Japanese company? I think not. Before you type, learn. 90% of Asian tech comes from the US. It's manufactured there cheaper. It's a well known fact that anyone with fingers can look up on the internet and one that has been known to us well before the wide spread use of the internet. That's the problem with kids today, you think you know all and most don't know a damn thing.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

IAhunter, was John Walter Christie, the inventor of the first successful front wheel drive automobile, Japanese? I think not. Was Oldsmobile, the producer of the front wheel drive 1966 Toronato a Japanese company? I think not. Before you type, learn. 90% of Asian tech comes from the US. It's manufactured there cheaper. It's a well known fact that anyone with fingers can look up on the internet and one that has been known to us well before the wide spread use of the internet. That's the problem with kids today, you think you know all and most don't know a damn thing.
Good points....

Old 01-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

Kid? I'm 50. Take some of your own advice and read before you post:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front-wheel_drive

Your Toronado example is a completely different drive-train set up from the Japanese design to which I was referring which rules the market today which is the transverse engine front wheel drive. That's the design the American makers copied/borrowed/stole from the imports, likely because of the impractical design of the full size Toronado/Eldorado which couldn't be used in the compact market.

The 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado was the first U.S. front-wheel-drive car since the Cord 810. It used a longitudinal engine placement for its V8, coupled with an unusual "split" transmission, which turned the engine power 180 degrees. Power then went to a differential mounted to the transmission case, from which half-shafts took it to the wheels.
Apples and oranges.

You and GM54 should hook up. You both like side-skirting whatever point is being made on this forum and go off on some tangent. And an often incorrect tangent as well. A swing and a miss.

Last edited by IAhuntr; 01-08-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.