Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What is Brand Bashing? >

What is Brand Bashing?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What is Brand Bashing?

Old 01-04-2018, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
That's fairly easy to answer... PRICE. Since everything about them is using cheaper labor and parts they can offer them it a greatly reduced priced to control the market.
Price doesn't always mean quality!!!
Old 01-04-2018, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
And end of seasons sales in the "Bargain Bins" used to be overflowing with imports at half of what they were selling them at.

Pretty much the same way Japan got a foot hold in the USA after dumping millions if not billions of $$$$s worth of autos in the US market during the 1970s.

They both make a fairly good product today after many years of product dumping and copying ideas such as the Omega then selling the Kodiak for half the price or less.

Lets be honest though, if CVA made such a good ML then why does Traditions/Ardesa outsell them in virtually all of Europe including Spain. Show me a shop's website in Spain that even carries a CVA/Bergara ML. Ive looked countless times with no luck. Pedersoli and Traditions/Ardesa are easy to find.
I got into the ML business to hunt deer!!! I do have a lot of other ML guns now, but in my experience the ML is pretty much looked down on by people in the gun business. All ML's I see sold second hand do a drastic drop in price on the sale table! I will agree there are some ML's that have a price tag I would never entertain!!!

But then again, I'm not a ML nut. I love all guns really.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rafsob
Price doesn't always mean quality!!!
Items purchased at low price, will not have the highest quality available parts, or they would cost more.

Certainly a $300 rifle scope will never have the quality parts of a $2,300 or $3,500 rifle scope.

That said, to many, a lower priced product has enough quality to meet their current need.
For others, they would rather be assured of the highest quality, which always costs more.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

It seems like a couple folks out in web-world are a bit butt-hurt that a new off the shelf $300 CVA can out-shoot their $1000+ rifle and clean up twice as fast.

Yeah, CVA put out a couple garbage models in the late 90's that had some serious design/engineering flaws, and sadly folks on muzzie forums still like to cling to those past issues like a newborn kitten to a little kid's pant-leg.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by IAhuntr
It seems like a couple folks out in web-world are a bit butt-hurt that a new off the shelf $300 CVA can out-shoot their $1000+ rifle and clean up twice as fast.

Yeah, CVA put out a couple garbage models in the late 90's that had some serious design/engineering flaws, and sadly folks on muzzie forums still like to cling to those past issues like a newborn kitten to a little kid's pant-leg.
Sadly for you the wins at Friendships Inline match say just the opposite. Some of the best scores of all time have been set by Knights and CVA hasn't even made it into the top 10.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sadly for you the wins at Friendships Inline match say just the opposite. Some of the best scores of all time have been set by Knights and CVA hasn't even made it into the top 10.
If one is talking competition, CVA can't compete with any of the other rifles, which the score sheets for the last four years clearly indicate.

Actually since 2015, there's only been one individual CVA rifle shot in the matches. In the year 2015, the highest one scored was 25th of IIRC 33 shooters.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

lol. I wasn't refering to match shooting, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out CVA's business model isn't the ultra-small percentage market of match shooting, it's obviously the hunting market where they are the market leader. Probably a reason for that: Affordable guns that reliably shoot tight groups at 100 yards that are also easy to clean and maintain.
The hunting market also happens to be the basis of the forum you're posting in.
Old 01-04-2018, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

It seems like a couple folks out in web-world are a bit butt-hurt that a new off the shelf $300 CVA can out-shoot their $1000+ rifle and clean up twice as fast......
That's a pretty bold statement some might challenge.

lol. I wasn't refering to match shooting.... Affordable guns that reliably shoot tight groups at 100 yards that are also easy to clean and maintain......
Match shooting is one of the best tests for the repeatability and accuracy of a rifle. It also tests the ability of the shooter. Lots of practice and confidence are learned when one shoots in a match, which only makes them a better hunting shooter.

Everybody has a "tack driver", no matter the brand. Just ask them.
Yes, they are affordable and a decent first muzzleloader. To make them affordable, the highest quality parts are not used, or they couldn't sell them for $300.

100yd shooting today with any modern inline muzzleloader is a chip shot. High quality rifles start to excel at distance.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
That's a pretty bold statement some might challenge.

Match shooting is one of the best tests for the repeatability and accuracy of a rifle. It also tests the ability of the shooter. Lots of practice and confidence are learned when one shoots in a match, which only makes them a better hunting shooter.

Everybody has a "tack driver", no matter the brand. Just ask them.
Yes, they are affordable and a decent first muzzleloader. To make them affordable, the highest quality parts are not used, or they couldn't sell them for $300.

100yd shooting today with any modern inline muzzleloader is a chip shot. High quality rifles start to excel at distance.
Agree. My initial comment was largely tongue-in-cheek.

I certainly get a chuckle out of the non-stop CVA bashing based on issues from 20 years ago.

Personally I'm concerned about shooting deer out to 200 yards in which a CVA happens to excel.

For a hunting rifle under $500, it can't be beat for out of the box accuracy with the Bergara made barrels.,
Old 01-04-2018, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agree. My initial comment was largely tongue-in-cheek.

I certainly get a chuckle out of the non-stop CVA bashing based on issues from 20 years ago.

Personally I'm concerned about shooting deer out to 200 yards in which a CVA happens to excel.

For a hunting rifle under $500, it can't be beat for out of the box accuracy with the Bergara made barrels.,
I think "bashing" has different meanings to some, but that's ok too.

As I mentioned earlier, I personally don't care for anything about the CVA rifles........ BUT...... I've setup a couple of friends Accura V2 rifles which shot decent and their owners were happy, and that's what counts. Its a good rifle for the "extended season hunter."

For those who want extreme accuracy and long range tight groups, there are much better rifles available. However, to get extreme accuracy and especially tight long range groups, a higher quality rifle is required. Break open rifles of any brand, just won't compare to any of the bolt rifles for extreme accuracy, especially at long range.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.