Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
What is Brand Bashing? >

What is Brand Bashing?

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

What is Brand Bashing?

Old 01-01-2018, 11:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good grief man, get over yourself!
Old 01-01-2018, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

Truth is not bashing. It's a very well known fact that CVA uses inferior steels and they are not inspected like all barrels produced here in the US. It's pretty simple. You just seem to have a hard time grasping it or you are trying to start a little bashing war. I personally have been into muzzleloading rifles for over 40 years. My old man was an individual that several firearm manufacturers would consult and send rifles and cartridges to for testing. There are several on this forum that come from the same type of background as I and we all have a strong tendency to state our findings so that newcomers to our sport of choice don't make mistakes through lack of knowledge. I do believe that is the intention of this forum. I personally don't own a Knight nor would I consider one except for maybe a Knight Vision because I don't like bolt action type inlines due to very large fingers. Makes handling a primer a pain in the butt. Break open or drop block actions suit be much better for access. But I do know quite a few folks that do own them and they are excellent shooting rifles and quality built. The old man had a saying about CVA and their customer service, "the reason they have such good customer service is because they are so well practiced with people having to call about crappy products". Now I did hear that Knight went though some problems with CS soon after they were bought out but that supposedly has been cured. I'm under the impression they don't get a whole lot of practice if you get my drift.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Somebody describe to me what an agitator is and if it is against the rules here.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by d.winsor
your Quote:
Could it be, that CVA absolutely floods the market with inexpensive lessor quality rifles, that the vast majority of "extended season" hunters are willing to purchase?
I want to bring to your attention to inexpensive and lessor quality guns. If that is not bashing a muzzleloader manufacturer, you need to explain yourself. I am not going to reply continually to this as I think it is bashing a manufacturer. You qualified your statement I don't need any more. As far as letting this go, if I get reasonable answers to my original post I will let it go. Then I will know how to post as related on this Forum.
Evidently YOU are not getting the answers YOU want. Therein lies the problem.

Fact: CVA rifles are in every sporting goods store, chain stores, yard sales and almost every place they sell firearms. In many stores, its the only muzzleloader they sell. They're all over the place. Racks are full of them. I'd say they've flooded the market. If that's bashing to YOU, you'll just have to live with the facts as they are.

Fact: Compare the price of the CVA model muzzleloaders to any of the other manufacturer's muzzleloaders. They are one of the most inexpensive muzzleloaders on the market. So the fact is, they are inexpensive.

Fact: The quality doesn't compare to many of the other muzzleloaders on the market, short of maybe one. You CAN NOT build a high quality firearm, sell it as one of the most inexpensive available, and build it with high quality components. Short of importing, which means its made someplace other than the United States.

As I've stated, I don't care for CVA rifles, but have helped to setup the Accura V2 models and they shot very well.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hunters_life
Truth is not bashing. It's a very well known fact that CVA uses inferior steels and they are not inspected like all barrels produced here in the US. It's pretty simple. You just seem to have a hard time grasping it or you are trying to start a little bashing war. I personally have been into muzzleloading rifles for over 40 years. My old man was an individual that several firearm manufacturers would consult and send rifles and cartridges to for testing. There are several on this forum that come from the same type of background as I and we all have a strong tendency to state our findings so that newcomers to our sport of choice don't make mistakes through lack of knowledge. I do believe that is the intention of this forum. I personally don't own a Knight nor would I consider one except for maybe a Knight Vision because I don't like bolt action type inlines due to very large fingers. Makes handling a primer a pain in the butt. Break open or drop block actions suit be much better for access. But I do know quite a few folks that do own them and they are excellent shooting rifles and quality built. The old man had a saying about CVA and their customer service, "the reason they have such good customer service is because they are so well practiced with people having to call about crappy products". Now I did hear that Knight went though some problems with CS soon after they were bought out but that supposedly has been cured. I'm under the impression they don't get a whole lot of practice if you get my drift.
So I have been into muzzleloading since 1984, If I get Counseled for brand bashing so should you and your friends if they do it. That's all I am going to say. I have a CVA that held up to a double charge of BH-209. How is that for proofing a barrel. All I ever told was the truth, when some people post to my information about knight, they read the truth, then make up things to the benefit of their reply. I should have just not tried to clarify as they knew exactly what they were doing. Bashing another member.

Last edited by d.winsor; 01-01-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BarnesAddict
Evidently YOU are not getting the answers YOU want. Therein lies the problem.

Fact: CVA rifles are in every sporting goods store, chain stores, yard sales and almost every place they sell firearms. In many stores, its the only muzzleloader they sell. They're all over the place. Racks are full of them. I'd say they've flooded the market. If that's bashing to YOU, you'll just have to live with the facts as they are.

Fact: Compare the price of the CVA model muzzleloaders to any of the other manufacturer's muzzleloaders. They are one of the most inexpensive muzzleloaders on the market. So the fact is, they are inexpensive.

Fact: The quality doesn't compare to many of the other muzzleloaders on the market, short of maybe one. You CAN NOT build a high quality firearm, sell it as one of the most inexpensive available, and build it with high quality components. Short of importing, which means its made someplace other than the United States.

As I've stated, I don't care for CVA rifles, but have helped to setup the Accura V2 models and they shot very well.
Great, good information to hear, but that was not what your first post said, you are dancing around the subject
Old 01-01-2018, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 01-01-2018, 12:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Gm54-120

There is nothing insulting/bashing about pointing out that Traditions offers nothing in SS.
Are the Traditions Nitrided barrels not SS?
Old 01-01-2018, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by d.winsor
I have read your post and noted. You quoted, "the Optima V2 is Cheap", wouldn't another choice of words be more enticing to a newbie. As it stands it would tend to steer a newbie away from a purchase. inferring the gun is of lessor quality.
Good grief, could you be less melodramatic.

Here is the exact quote from a recent post of mine on another board. Im not allowed to post links to competing forums here sooo.

by GM54-120 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:11 pm
Im not a fan of alloy frame break actions but the Optima v2 in nitride is a ton of gun for the money and almost as light as a Accura MR. You trade off a couple ounces for another inch of barrel. You save some $$$$s and have the option of a thumbhole stock to boot. Ive seen some killer pricing on the Accura MR occasionally though. End of the year sales in the "Bargain Bins" can save a ton of money. MidwayUSA had some on sale for around $350 not long ago.
Followed up by

by GM54-120 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:21 pm
Its the rifle i almost always suggest as a first inline muzzleloader. Relatively cheap but not so cheap its garbage. I have a hard time recommending high dollar rifles to start unless the OP is familiar with the extra care needed in cleaning and preventing rust. The nitride version offers even more corrosion resistance and its on SS. Yeah you dont get an adjustable trigger but ive yet to see any complaints about them. All the ones ive handled and tried were more than adequate for a factory trigger.

My only big complaint is the BH209 plug is not standard. They should really offer all their rifles with a choice of plugs or make one plug that works for both.
The fact is it is CHEAP. Under $250 in SS/blac and under $350 in Nitride/camo. Pretty obvious how my use of the word was intended. Now you are grabbing at straws and pulling out tooth picks

Last edited by Gm54-120; 01-01-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by hunters_life
Truth is not bashing. It's a very well known fact that CVA uses inferior steels
Based on your background in metallurgical engineering, tell us exactly what steels CVA should be using and what steels CVA is currently using.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.