Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Knight Quality, Warranty, & Service????? >

Knight Quality, Warranty, & Service?????

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Quality, Warranty, & Service?????

Old 12-30-2017, 12:37 AM
Fork Horn

The first thing I would like to do, is to Thank Hunting Net Forum for allowing me to post this thread, discuss it with members and give my opinions. Information I put out was absolutely the truth, with nothing exaggerated. The second thing I would like to say is I am 67 years old, I am not senile yet.

Years ago, Frontier Gander and I had a discussion on a thread about shimming CVA firing pin bushings, on CVA Rifles. My argument was related to the manufacturer recommendations and procedures. A couple years later I accidently discovered the thread on the world wide web, I was quite surprised.
Frontier Gander I have to eat my words, as everyone shims a knight. I got sabotloaders procedure and shimmed the mountaineer bare primer breech plug, before shooting it at the range, I had fired a primer only and it was pure soot. I would like to say my T/C Encore, Traditions Strikefire & CVA Accura LR needs no shimming what so ever.
My original thread was called “Knight Warranty, Quality & Customer Service”. Somehow someone changed the name to “Knight Quality, Warranty & Service”, on 2 separate Forums. To circumvent the threads placing on the world wide web. After the thread became interesting and people started viewing it, I went to the world wide web. In checking for the original named thread, I discovered it was up against the knight rifle sites, information postings. I thought it was poetic justice. Over time I noticed the threads disappearing from the Web around the Knight Sites. It eventually got down to one thread concerning this subject, around Knight Rifles sites. I was expecting this thread and any related to disappear also. I thought that corporate money or power was suspect, as it was totally in Knight Rifles interest for this to occur. Then the threads reappeared, I thought there was justice in this world after all. Now there are no threads related to this material, on the Web, that are around the Knight Rifle sites. Maybe some Knight fan with the tech knowledge has intervened on behalf of Knight Rifles and did a little hacking, who knows!!?
I also entered this thread and one other on 2 other Forums, one Forum wiped both my threads off immediately (one on Knight Warranty etc., and one on CVA etc.). Needless to say, I wiped off that Forum from my favorites. Not because I was mad, I was not. Just because the Forum was not going to allow any free discussion related to bad press for knight rifles or any other subject they choose. I just figured I was in Knight Rifles Territory. Again, I want to thank Hunting Net Forum.
There were 4 threads posted around knight Rifles sites on the web page, 2 above and 2 below, from 2 different Forums. As time progressed I would occasionally check to see if the threads were still on the world wide web. Now this thread is called “Knight Quality, Warranty & Service”. If you search the World Wide Web now, no post related to my threads show up anywhere near Knight Rifle Sites. Now You can google Knight Warranty, only knight Rifle sites will come up, if you google Knight Quality no sites show up for the threads or Knight Rifles sites, If Knight customer service is googled only sites for Knight rifles pops up. If you google “Knight Quality, Warranty & Service” 2 threads will show up, on a totally different part of the Web, alone. One from each Forum that allowed me to start this thread and discuss the contents. The thread related to “CVA & Traditions Warranty, Quality & Customer Service”, had to be googled as is, on its own, using “CVA & Traditions Warranty, Quality & Service,” as the name was also changed. Please note the NAME: Warranty, Quality & Service was listed in that order with this thread, NOT: “Quality, Warranty and Service!”.
I honestly believe a lot of hacking has been done by someone to alter the normal course of events, & posting related to these threads, on the world wide web for obvious reasons. To try to limit any ill effect on Knight Rifles publicity, from honest facts and review. By who I couldn’t begin to imagine. The fact remains that the name on my original posting was changed.
With all this being said I am not going to reply to any more post made to this thread, as far as I am concerned the thread is for information only now, of course anyone can still post as they see fit. No more clarification is needed on my part, the threads may last awhile or not long at all, hard to say. I have truthfully stated what occurred in a chronological order. I hope the information will be readily available and easily obtained, which I doubt, it may help someone else one way or another.

Last edited by d.winsor; 12-30-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like you are frustrated because your attempt to slander a Knight products hasn’t been as effective as you had hoped . Now you think there is a conspiracy by hackers to void your post so it doesn’t show up in search engines next to Knight . The whole thing is Pretty sad but since you admit being friends with mountain devil and are so big on CVA it all makes perfect sense .
Old 12-30-2017, 09:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

i'm not one bit surprised that some sites deleted your posts.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its pretty common for forums to remove/edit posts or simply archive them. Facebook is even worse and one of the main reasons i wont use them. To suggest someone has hacked Google to limit its search results seems rather paranoid. DuckDuck Go, Bing and Yahoo search gave me similar results so it would have to be one heck of a major conspiracy.

I noticed you posted this same topic on the shootersforum and you are not getting much of a "support" group following there either. I cant say im thrilled with the way Knight is handling things since Gordy left but before that i had nothing but top shelf experiences with Knight. Sam the smith was especially awesome and so was Gordy.

I cant even come close to saying the same thing about the couple times i called CVA for clarification about their load data. The 2 techs seemed clueless at best and the responses appeared to be "scripted" like they were reading it out of a CS manual.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 12-30-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
you admit being friends with mountain devil.
Which is a well known, and self admitted intentional Pot stirrer that has been banned from a few forums

Last edited by Idaholewis; 12-30-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

dwinsor... no excuse for the trigger disappearing, I agree. Intentional or Accidental.

However, after reading through all your info provided, I have to agree that possibly
1) you just got a lemon which unfortunately happens with ANYTHING we buy or
2) that the ultimate cause of your problem with the barrel had to do with the bp not being fully and properly seated from the get go, thus creating the whole issue.

Either way, I can understand why you are upset. However, I have owned over a dozen Knights (many are bolt action like yours) and never had a quality issue at all. They have all been outstanding rifles both in quality and performance. I can't speak to how they handle their warranty, as I've never needed it.

Another thing I'm not sure I saw in reading.... did you teflon tape or grease your breechplug? If not, you can get blowback through the threads even if everything is perfect, which is sounds like yours wasn't (by default or damage) which would make it even worse.

Good luck in your endeavors.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

110gr Blackhorn is generally asking for blowback and Knight might say the same thing.

At a nearby childrens hunt this winter and last winter, more than one kid around 12-13 years-old was getting pass-thru's using 60 grains BH. I've seen pass-thru's using 75gr Goex with roundballs. Over 90% of deer taken are within 100 yards.

I now use two pellet loads and used 85gr Goex FFF prior. My Knight bare primer plug will likely see close to 500 shots..... I'd bet on it. 110gr loads BH209 are ridiculous, unless your shooting lanes are 200 yards away and that's where the gun will be fired. Besides, I wouldn't use a powder that tells you it needs 110 grains to shoot that accurately.

To sit in the woods and use 110 because you are sitting on a ridge (or a field edge) with a long ways to shoot, then you aren't thinking too clearly, because odds are, that long shot will never come in muzzleloader season, mainly because in most December muzzleloading seasons, deer are in thickets and you need to go in to get them.... close & personal.

Go Knight. Reject all guns with foreign materials. You should have shipped back his gun as-is, with a note saying he voided the warranty.

Last edited by GoexBlackhorn; 12-31-2017 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-31-2017, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GoexBlackhorn
110gr Blackhorn is generally asking for blowback and Knight might say the same thing.

At a nearby childrens hunt this winter and last winter, more than one kid around 12-13 years-old was getting pass-thru's using 60 grains BH. I've seen pass-thru's using 75gr Goex with roundballs. Over 90% of deer taken are within 100 yards.

I now use two pellet loads and used 85gr Goex FFF prior. My Knight bare primer plug will likely see close to 500 shots..... I'd bet on it. 110gr loads BH209 are ridiculous, unless your shooting lanes are 200 yards away and that's where the gun will be fired. Besides, I wouldn't use a powder that tells you it needs 110 grains to shoot that accurately.

To sit in the woods and use 110 because you are sitting on a ridge (or a field edge) with a long ways to shoot, then you aren't thinking too clearly, because odds are, that long shot will never come in muzzleloader season, mainly because in most December muzzleloading seasons, deer are in thickets and you need to go in to get them.... close & personal.

Go Knight. Reject all guns with foreign materials. You should have shipped back his gun as-is, with a note saying he voided the warranty.

Wow, you sure make a ton of assumptions but the one most obvious to anyone that has actually read his posts is that the rifle was sent to Knight STOCK. As in just with the parts that came from Sportsmans Warehouse. Even his Numrich trigger IS a Knight part. Its not aftermarket so that would be totally irrelevant to voiding a warranty.

Knight currently lists upto 120gr by volume of BH209 in their load data so once again your opinion is completely irrelevant and the load is completely within spec by Knight and Western. Ive shot tons of max and above max loads in my older Knights without a hiccup.

Some bullets and rifles simply shoot better with more powder. After all the half million posts on 20 forums i thought you might have gotten a grasp on that by now. Evidently your ability to read is not on the same level as your ability to post.

And once again you think that everyone's idea of ML hunting should conform to yours. How pathetic is that? My season is far from "in the thickets" unless im on a managed wildlife area hunt. Even then ive seen TONS of deer out in the open fields within range of my rifles. I have literally seen "herds" of deer larger than i can count in fields in December.

Last edited by Gm54-120; 12-31-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 54bore
Which is a well known, and self admitted intentional Pot stirrer that has been banned from a few forums
I never said I was a friend of Mountain Devil, I don't even know the man. You are putting words into my mouth. From seeing his posts and Videos, I do think he is trying to help muzzleloader shooters. That is my opinion, I am not ashamed of it. Someone else might have a different definition of the word "help", that is ok because everyone has an opinion. All I said was that he and I had a conversation about shimming a breech plug. I don't have to quote you the rest, you can go back and read the 1st post of this thread. Have a good morning.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:41 AM
Fork Horn

This thread has run its course, I had the rules explained to me in a reasonable manner, I thought I needed to tie up some loose ends, didn't want to but felt compelled. In any event I appreciate everyone that posted, thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.