Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
Need sum advice guys >

Need sum advice guys

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Need sum advice guys

Old 12-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by lemoyne
I have had a Big Horn and have a Triumph now. You should not use the best modern powder in the Big horn. The Triumph is with out question the best choice of the two you mentioned. If you really want a Knight get an up to date one. Personally I believe a bolt action muzzleloader is a waste of space that could be barrel and add velocity, and extra weight added to no purpose.
Sounds like its apparent that i shud get a triumph. Going to go with it and buy a TC. thanks for all yalls help
Old 12-03-2017, 04:55 AM
Typical Buck

t/c makes a great gun no doubt about . but have you looked @ a traditions pursuit g4 they are also a nice gun. own them both & a t/c impact some how i like the impact a little more . the only problem there is no quick breech plug. have to use a wrench which is supplied or a socket & a ratchet. same barrel as the triumph.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:31 PM
Spike

Try Lookin at the CVA Optima V2 Nitride Its really nice for the price.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard some really good things about the Triumph. However, this is not the gun you want to buy if you plan on using conical bullets at any point. States like Colorado ONLY allow conicals (no sabots) and you can not rely on a Triumph to shoot conicals accurately. Don't take my word for it, call TC and ask them. They won't guarantee accuracy of any conical for their rifles with the QLA. If you don't ever shoot conicals, it would be a great choice.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by txhunter58
I have heard some really good things about the Triumph. However, this is not the gun you want to buy if you plan on using conical bullets at any point. States like Colorado ONLY allow conicals (no sabots) and you can not rely on a Triumph to shoot conicals accurately. Don't take my word for it, call TC and ask them. They won't guarantee accuracy of any conical for their rifles with the QLA. If you don't ever shoot conicals, it would be a great choice.
Lots of guys that like the rifle and want to shoot conical bullets, have a smith cut the QLA off and re-crown them. Works fine then.