Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
where to buy sabots >

where to buy sabots

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

where to buy sabots

Old 12-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Spike

Default where to buy sabots

Anyone have any recommendations on where to buy sabots for a reasonable cost? It seems every place I find on line charges as much to ship as the actual sabots cost.
I'm looking to work up a load with harvester black and red crush ribs ( or whatever anyone else suggests) with blackorn 209 in my accura v1 with xtp mag express bullets .452.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Grafs has about the best Harvester pricing and if you buy a bunch the $7.95 flat rate shipping is ok.

I highly recommend you try these first though. They are cheaper than Crushribs and typically work really well in CVA bores unless yours is very tight. I use them in a true .500 Douglas ML barrel and they load/shoot great.
https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...productId/5481

The Red Crushribs are really large OD. Normally they are only used in very loose bores.

BTW your V1 was never designed to shoot BH209. Its a very good idea to modify the breach plug for best reliability with BH209.
CVA Hex Breechplug Modification

Last edited by Gm54-120; 12-01-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:26 PM
Spike

Thanks for the advice. The only sabots I have used so far are the black mag express sabots that come with “cheap shot sabots” . They seem to be a decent fit. I was going see if either the red or black crush ribs help tighten my groups.
I have been using bh209 in the gun without issues but i have only put about 50-60 rounds though it.
I plan to get the Breech plug modified after our season ends
Old 12-01-2017, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Black Crushribs will load easier than either the T/C sabots or the one i suggested. Red will be noticeably tighter but im not 100% sure which sabot T/C includes with the Cheap Shot. If they come with HPH-24 then the Reds will be a lot tighter.